I wanted to do a small beadboard panelling project to get used to working with the panelling and my new tools before the major bathroom let's-put-beadboard-on-every-surface project. I'm so glad I did because I had some issues with the tools that needed to be addressed before continuing...
So back to my front entry. There was a ginormous electrical panel and a huge chunk of missing drywall. Since I still had some electrical work to do in the house, I had to find various ways of hiding the missing drywall until I was finished my projects. First I used the doors of a wardrobe to cover up the mess:
Now that the electrical work is mercifully done, I can finish the wall and trim out the panel. I decided on beadboard panels so that I didn't have to deal with mudding, taping, sanding and dust everywhere. So I installed one piece of beadboard which snugged up to the edge of the electrical panel:
|so now you can the ugliness I've been trying to hide. This is right at my front door...|
Then I installed beadboard over the bottom half of the box and above the box:
Next task was to build a door panel to cover the electrical panel itself. That extra box on the wall is a pain in the butt, it is where the panel used to be when the house was built and there are conduits sticking out of the wall and other messes that... well, it has to stay.
I took a piece of maple veneer and cut it down to fit. With some decorative hinges and a couple of coats of chalkboard paint, I was thrilled with the final product!
|B E F O R E|
|A F T E R|
Have a happy and creative week!
Linking to all these fabulous parties: