Inspirational Movies Guaranteed to Brighten Your Day

Since I'm taking a break from my DIY and decorating projects, I thought I'd veer off a bit in my blogposts as well and share a list of my most favourite, makes me feel like I can take on the world and win movies.

I love to be inspired.  It's intoxicating and fills me with energy.  When an inspiration hits me, I can't wait to create something - to get my hands in the clay, so-to-speak.  Lately though, I've felt so tired and worn out that all I can manage to do is my chores and errands.  That and lying around on the couch watching movies.

So for everyone who has emailed, Facebooked or commented that they are suffering from the same blog burn-out as I am, I have compiled a list of the ten movies that I find the most inspiring and uplifting.  These are the ones I turn to when I feel down or tired or just plain frustrated at the way things are going at the moment.  Most of these are based on true stories and that makes them even better!  Real people who faced impossible scenarios or tough times (some of them WAY more tough than I've ever experienced) and not only survived them, but created a much better life for themselves because of what they went through.

Listed in no particular order:
  1. Secretariat
  2. The Pursuit of Happyness
  3. Under the Tuscan Sun
  4. Erin Brockovich
  5. The Blind Side
  6. We Bought a Zoo
  7. Mona Lisa Smile
  8. SeaBiscuit
  9. Rudy
and a couple of movies that just make you feel good:

Pretty Woman

and two Christmas movies

It's a Wonderful Life
Miracle on 34th Street (the one with Natalie Wood)

Wow, I`ve been watching a lot of TV lately...

So, did I hit any of your favourites?  Do you have a go-to movie that always makes you feel better?  Do share!

Cheers!



9 comments:

  1. I haven't seen many of these titles, thank you for the list! (I am currently watching all sorts of UK criminal psychology series :)))))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anne, Some of these I haven't seen. Baby Boom is always a good, up-lifing movie. I would add "When Harry Met Sally" as one of my favorites that can always make me smile and laugh out loud. Not necessarily inspiring, just fun. I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne! I had forgotten When Harry Met Sally - I LOVE that movie.

      Have a great day!!

      Delete
  3. Mona Lisa Smile? Hmmmmm....that one sounds interesting!

    Have an awesome day!
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some of those are my favorites. Forest Gump always gets me. I totally understand the blogger blues. I get them too from time to time myself. I just keep plugging along until I feel it again. ;) take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. just watched 'we bought a zoo' last night with husband and loved it. one of my feel good goto movies is groundhog day. actually all 4 of us love it and never tire of watching.

    thanks so much for your support and kind words during this difficult time.

    smiles.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. i apsolutely adore "the last of the mochicans"; the power of love is always inspirering

    ReplyDelete
  7. You definitely did hit some of my favorites, Anne--what a great list of fun films you compiled. I really enjoy classic films--love all the musical films from the 30s-50s in particular. Just watching Fred and Ginger dance always makes me happy! Also love Judy and Mickey movies--all the Babes in Arms, on Broadway movies I loved. Take care--it's good to take a break every so often. One thing that I like to do is look at other types of art. It might be a visit to a museum, or going to see a play or a concert, or maybe just checking out some great art books from the library. That helps me rev up my inspiration sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my..you have just listed some of my very favorite movies!!!....Just watched "We Bought a Zoo" the other night...i hardly have time to watch TV anymore, but one evening my hubby and i sat down to watch it...a real luxury lately...
    Love, love, The Blind Side...such an inspirational movie...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If I can't respond to you by email (no reply blogger), I'll leave a reply under your comment. Hope you have a fabulous day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...