The Baby Greenhouse (Repost)

Hi everyone!  I'm experiencing a bit of a bloggy burnout period, so I'm taking some time off (other than the weekly party).  In the meantime, I'm re-running a few of my most popular posts.

Enjoy!!

Original Post Date:  September 6, 2011


I have wanted a greenhouse forever but never had the time, money, place, whatever - and all the other excuses anyone can think of.

In May, I picked up three storm windows that were exactly the same.  I set them aside and planned to build a cold frame with them, but then I came across a story on Twitter about upright cold frames and I was off and running with a new plan.  I wanted one!

Summer came and went and I was so busy that this project fell by the wayside.  This weekend, I gathered all the windows, scrap lumber I had lying around and my tools and began to plan a structure around the size of the windows.  It was challenging because I only had a couple of 2x4s to work with, the rest of the wood was all sorts of sizes and dimensions as well as rough cuts.  If I had it to do over again, I would have bought two more 2x4s and saved myself a lot of time and agony over how to piece this thing together!  That being said, I did manage to do it all by myself!!  OMG! - Gail (My Repurposed Life), I hope you're proud of me because you're my biggest inspiration.


See what you can do with three little ol' windows??

Isn't she pretty?? I'm so happy!








My pallet base - the guys I work with found a cedar one for me and delivered it to my house.  :)


If you want to know how I built this cute little greenhouse, click HERE for the link.

Thanks for stopping by!

Linking to:  All Star Block Party

14 comments:

  1. I remember it so well, Anne, this is how we first met :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post and project. And I'm with you on the burnout! I just started cutting some ties and commitments as well. Will be posting bare minimum to support the Etsy through the holidays and then see where I go from there ...

    :)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know this is one of my favorite projects of yours!

    You are amazing.

    Truly :)

    Thank you for your friendship and encouragement and always being such an inspiration to so many.

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am pretty sure this is one of the first projects that led me to follow you. It's brilliant!

    I experienced the same thing Anne, although I didn't proclaim my break, I have really slowed down on what I post, following others and participating in parties. It sure is a lot of fun and so encouraging, but it also takes up a lot of time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anne,
    I love your baby greenhouse. I've always wanted a green house also to just take delight in all the lovely flowers and plants. Have a peaceful rest on your bloggy break. I could sure use one about now too, sweetie.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, that is ADORABLE! I have been wanting a greenhouse, but I was thinking I'd have to buy something. This is way better! I need one! :-) How did you build it exactly? I mean, how did you attach the windows to your frame that you built? Just screwed in to the outside? Or fitted in between or...???

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today -- so nice to meet you!!

    ~Angela~

    ReplyDelete
  7. relax and enjoy your time away we will be here when you return. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad that you reposted this as I did not see it.....So love your greenhouse!!...It is so cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! I remember when you first posted this! I always associate you with this project because it's such a good one. I was impressed that you made this yourself and I still am.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anne! I LOVE your greenhouse. That was perfect timing. We just replaced 8 windows in our house (like last week) and 10 wooden window sashes that I was going to pop on Craigslist. Never would've thought to make greenhouses with them! If I use your plan, I should be able to make a couple right? Happy day. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a perfect little greenhouse that you built, Anne--I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Featuring! Love you!

    http://www.nutmegplace.com/2012/11/all-star-block-party-25.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If I can't respond to you by email (no reply blogger), I'll leave a reply under your comment. Hope you have a fabulous day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...