Farmhouse Dining Room Transformation





I've bounced around all over the place with my design choices over the last 3 1/2 years, but I am coming home to my tried-and-true favourite which is country cottage. Although nowadays it seems to be called "Farmhouse" so I'm going with the flow!

I have made over my dining room a few times but when I found my new hutch, I found my style. I knew exactly the look I wanted and the hutch makeover turned out even better than I had imagined it.  Don't you love it when that happens?!

Here is the new hutch all painted up and beautified, I am in love with it!!:



If you want to see the before and after, click HERE

But you know how it is when you add something new to your home, suddenly you have to change a bunch of things to make room for the new piece.  In my case, the paint job I gave the hutch (which I adore) did not work with the makeover I gave my dining room table last year.  It just looked wrong.


And I no longer needed the baker's rack in the dining room.  Out came the paint cans!  Here's how it all looks now.


I went with creamy white, this is Behr's Almond Cream which is the same colour as the trim in the room.


The table and chairs look so much happier, don't you think?

After I moved the baker's rack into my mudroom, I no longer had a home for this table.  It found a place in the dining room where the colours matched perfectly.  See that mirror?  The one that looks a little worse for wear?  It used to be in my kitchen until Max the kitten from you know where decided to knock it down, smashing the mirror to smithereens and gouging my lovely buffet.  CATS!!!!!!!!!!  I haven't had a chance to fix it properly, I just threw a new cheapo mirror into the frame and propped it behind the table.



You can see how my poor mirror used to look HERE

Now everything works.  I have room for more chairs and the whole look just came together without much effort at all. I am in love with my new dining room!


Thanks for visiting!

With a small budget, big dreams and a love of a challenge, Anne blogs about renovating and decorating her tiny 1930s bungalow. A self-taught artist and professed power tool lover, she enjoys writing, gardening, photography, nature and diy'ing. And she's never met a dumpster she didn’t want to root through! Come along for the ride!!

Remodeling and Home Design

Follow on Bloglovin
Sharing with:
It's Party Time     Sunday Best
Wow Us Wednesdays
the Power of Paint   Work it Wednesday
Inspiration Gallery
Fabulously Creative Friday    Shabbilicious Friday
It's a Spring Thing
Clever Chicks Blog Hop     Inspiration Exchange
Show & Tell Friday

44 comments:

  1. It looks wonderful , love the hutch and the color too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done!! I love the new look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the hutch with the newly painted table and chairs. It looks beautiful, Anne! Another great transformation! I also love how the colors in the cushion pick up colors of the dishes in the hutch.♡ xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great, I love the lighter colors!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right....everything works!!!!....the dining room is amazing...just like you and your talents!!!.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great look Anne and the pieces look so good together. Don't you love when an "unplan" comes together? Smile.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anne,
    Another amazing redo. Love the hutch and the table. The rooms looks amazing.
    Have a great Sunday.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree ... dining room looks special. Great job Anne.
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's amazing how just a little paint can change the whole look. I love it! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah! You're so right!

      Delete
  10. You nailed the farmhouse look. What a superb transformation via paint. A charming room. Nice, nice, nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous....tap yourself on the shoulders!!!!! xoxoxxo Christine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Much better with the white. Are you keeping the dark curtains, or painting those too?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really liked your table with dark legs... BUt the creamy white works so much better with the hutch and the whole "farmhouse" style. Your dining-room is coherent and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It all looks so bright and happy now Anne! I love all the changes you did :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks so good Anne...love the table and chairs painted white along with those pretty wicker chairs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yep, I'm loving it. I loved the redesign the first go around, but I'm loving the new one even more. Light and airy. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A beautiful dining room, Anne! I know what you mean about changing one item in a room, and then you end up changing out a bunch of stuff :) But I do love the changes you made--those seat cushions on your wicker chairs are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your dining room looks lovely, Anne! The lighter table is nice and bright and looks great with your beautiful sideboard and hutch. It's funny how one change usually causes a snowball effect of other changes. I have been tempted to paint out my farmhouse kitchen table but I have too many other projects already started that need finishing. Hoping you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your dining room too! The white table is so much brighter. And now I'm going from farmhouse to modern in my kitchen. Wonder how long it is before we both switch again!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very nice look! The wicker chairs and the hutch are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The white table and chairs are perfect! And you really did an amazing job refinishing the hutch - it's the perfect piece for your farmhouse dining room :-)

    I hear ya about Max - our dogs have done their fair share of damage to my stuff. But we love them anyway :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just LOVE the transformation you've given your dining room!! The hutch is beautiful with the new paint job, and I like that you left just the top unpainted. Good tip for getting the antique finish off the hardware ... could use that someday:) Shame about the cat/mirror, but it still looks good propped behind the table. I can't get over how nice all the furniture looks together ... so glad you redid the table & chairs in the softer colours. Great job Anne!! Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your dining room looks fantastic! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Clever to use the same color as your trim. Your new dining room looks very welcoming and that hutch ROCKS!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your style Anne whatever they call it. Your dining room looks so pretty! Love that hutch too, very nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I can't believe the difference the white paint makes on the table.

    I absolutely love your hutch - the color, design, and styling.

    I don't think I ever let you know that I do not care for Miss Mustard Seed paint either. You mentioned that it isn't your favorite when I said I was going to use it on a dresser. I love the color and the end result, but I didn't love the texture of the paint an how quickly it dried in the bowl I mixed it in. I am sticking with Annie Sloan.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Looks awesome Anne! Pinning and tweeting! It's funny you say your mirror needs fixing, I think it looks perfect right where it is, behind that table, so much visual interest, Max did you a favor! xo That hutch is awesome! I am so glad it's what you envisioned!

    ReplyDelete
  28. The hutch fits into the room with the little switches you made. I really like the revised table bottom color. Great job as always Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful redesign. Definitely more farmhouse now.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm in love with your new dining room too Anne !!!
    Very farmhouse chic - your chairs are gorgeous and a perfect fit!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love that hutch, and the new color looks great in your dining room. Love those chairs too. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful! I love how you transformed your dining room.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Looks great, Anne! Your hutch is gorgeous!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful changes Anne!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  35. Anne I'm adoring that hutch! I'm featuring it in this week's Power of Paint Party Spotlight!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If I can't respond to you by email (no reply blogger), I'll leave a reply under your comment. Hope you have a fabulous day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...