Window Treatment for $10

The window over my washer & dryer was a single pane slider.  Very inefficient and cold!  I had it replaced with a nice new double pane slider and my contractor put some gorgeous white trim around it.  I'd like California shutters for a window treatment, so I didn't want to spend a lot on a temporary fix.

I had a brand new curtain rod in my shed, courtesy of the previous home owners (but you can get an Ikea Irja curtain rod for $2 or the Beskada curtain rod for $10 if you don't have a curtain rod. Or make one out of a piece of electrical conduit & some connectors).  It took two packages of curtain rings with clips  from IKEA ($8) and a twin sheet from a clearance bin at Superstore ($1.97).

I folded the sheet in half and used fusible tape all around the edges, and presto - quick, temporary window treatment that looks pretty good!


Isn't it a cool pattern?




oh and 4 years later, this "temporary" window treatment is still in place cause I absolutely LOVE it!



12 comments:

  1. Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look good...and so simple to make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super look at a great price!! :) I host a decorating party on Fridays if you would like to come share sometime! :) Have great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the blue and white fabric in those curtains!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty snazzy laundry room, great idea using the sheet. I never seem to find sheets like that to use. Leave it to you to make a curtain out of a sheet to make it look so great. Happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love this curtain - wish I could have found several more of this pattern...

      Delete
  6. Soooo pretty !
    I'm using an Ikea Duvet in a nook in the guest room - with clips also - ( and the duvet stays in tact )
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like it, Anne. I do the same with sheets. The material is so nice, that you can't beat the price.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Been looking for sheets to do the same thing in my bedroom and living room--Always full of great ideas Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the idea, I'm a dummy I need precise instructions..lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If your comment has no email address, I'll leave a reply on this post under your comment. Have a fabulous day!