The Cottage

I started painting this picture yesterday.  I've been working on it off and on, waiting for paint to dry and trying to get the shadows and flowers to look right.  I don't know...  It looks really paint-by-numberish to me and I haven't been able to figure out yet what it is that I need to do to improve it.


The cottage has changed colours four times, the garden has changed shape and I added the trellised vine when I was having trouble with the depth of the cottage!  I sure wish I could get away from this one-dimensional look that I always seem to have going...

Oh well, guess I'll figure it out with more practice.  Meanwhile, I do love all the paintings I'm creating and that's all that matters, isn't it? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If I can't respond to you by email (no reply blogger), I'll leave a reply under your comment. Hope you have a fabulous day!