$20 Makeover - Ikea Stranda Wardrobe



I am in love with Contact Paper (shelf paper) - self-adhesive but can still be re-positioned and removed without leaving a mess behind.  I found this beautiful striped pattern at Superstore for $1.84 a roll.


         




I love the colours and the stripes.  I bought enough to cover the shelves in my pantry, but I had a roll left over.  Enter the Ikea Stranda wardrobe that I painted white last fall - 



 I had seen someone wallpaper the panels on another wardrobe and I really liked the look.  Here is my version:




I LOVE it.  Super easy to put on - it practically attached itself once I got the top edge of it in place, and without bubbles.  A little smoothing out and it looks awesome.  This would work with kitchen cabinet doors or the backs of bookcases.  Great for anyone in a rental who can't paint or wallpaper.  Easy on and easy off and this entire project took me only 10 minutes to do from start to finish.  I've also wrapped the inner shelves with the same paper.  It looks gorgeous :).  

I bought a quality shelf paper for this project because it's thicker and it sticks better.  Plus it holds much better to painted wood surfaces than laminated or stained surfaces, so this project will look fab for quite a while.

$2 for the roll of shelf paper, $5 for a tester pot of paint and $10 for new handles - Ikea Hack Heaven!!!


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If your comment has no email address, I'll leave a reply on this post under your comment. Have a fabulous day!