The Reds

I was scrolling through old posts and was about to delete this one but decided instead to share it again. These were some of my very first paintings.  I'm amazed at how much I've improved although I have to say that two of these paintings are still great favourites of mine!

May 16, 2011:  Red, orange and yellow have been dancing in my head for the last few weeks so I let it all out and wound up with four new paintings. 












The last painting didn't look at all the way I wanted it to.  It was supposed to be the sun casting its rays out across a beautiful orange sky but I couldn't get the paint to do what I wanted it to.  It looked like a big fried egg!!  Even feathering the colours together did nothing that suited me do so I painted over it:




Look familiar?? I can't seem to get enough of this flower!  After some very frustrating moments, the mood I was in passed and I have some paintings that I like very much to show for it.  I love that I can take the emotions I'm feeling, distract myself completely with creating something and find myself in a completely free and happy state of mind when I'm finished. :)

Painting pictures soothes the soul.  It truly does.

Have a happy day!

Don't miss another post, follow me!

Follow on Bloglovin

22 comments:

  1. So glad you decided to share your painting! Just beautiful,
    Deb@LakeGirlPaints

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you are having a wonderful time painting and it definitely is your "Chicken Soup for the Soul"....
    Love your paintings Anne!...Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have so many talents and this is a big one, You are blessed with art.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anne ... love this painting. I noticed it one of your vignettes the other day and I thought it was so pretty.
    Blessings,
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anne I'm impressed by your painting skills! Hope to see you again next Saturday for favorites and a new link party!

    Goedele

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the red and yellow flower paintings!!! And the tea towel curtains and pillow shams, what a fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I like these very much, Anne. So cheerful. I was shocked to find out I hadn't hit your follow button all this time. :( Well, I have now and am cheerfully, officially following you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You do sell your art right??? What a great way to have some income doing something that you love!!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Creating can be so healing ~ Beautifully created flower and dynamic colors ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Anne,
    I love your red and yellow Colors in your flower. Like the style and Beauty.
    Happy PPF and hugs
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  12. fabulous flower paintings Anne-such happy colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your soothing me with your fabulous flowers and those hot colors. Happy PPF. xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are great! I would love those colors in my kitchen. I'm going to have to experiment with some reds in my painting. Thank you for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful and I love red and yellow together...it's so happy!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glorious red, vitality infects us. Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love close up paintings of flowers and am loving the great colours in yours.
    Happy PPF, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's fun to look back, isn't it? Love the yellow inside the red flower, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  19. gorgeous reds...what a happy color! happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loving the centre of your red flowers HPPF Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. So lovely. I am drawn into the flower.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If I can't respond to you by email (no reply blogger), I'll leave a reply under your comment. Hope you have a fabulous day!