Seascape & Skies

"To see the summer sky is poetry, though never in a book it lie - True poems flee."  -Emily Dickinson

I'm fascinated by skies - grey skies, blue skies, cloudy skies, stormy skies, any sky really. I love how sunsets and sunrises change the sky. The colours and the blending of those colours amaze and delight me and I love playing the "what does that cloud look like to you?" game, too.

Small wonder that most of my paintings feature the sky in some way.  Sky and water.

So today, I tried to capture both in a painting of the sea.  Hope you like it!


and here it is with the mat I chose:


and now framed:



Isn't it amazing how a mat and a frame change the appearance of a painting?  
Something else that fascinates me!  ;)

and here's one for the road - a photo of a gorgeous summer sky at dusk

"A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken.  ~James Dent"

Have a happy day!


23 comments:

  1. Love your painting Anne! I think the colour of the mat is perfect. We play that cloud game too... all the time actually. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful painting Anne!And a lovely sky photo too!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Anne, especially the clouds. It looks great with the matte you chose. How long does it take you to do a painting like that? And what do you use? Acrylics? Oils? It's lovely.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, beautiful Anne!....the pic of the summer sky is gorgeous...you must frame that!..and so love the quote at the end!
    Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anne how pretty is that and the quote is spot on. Love your sparrow painting too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always with your paintings, so beautiful! Love the line about the broken lawn mower...isn't that the truth!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anne you did such a great job and I like the poem. Such talent!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anne,
    Your painting is so beautiful and soothing!! You continue to amaze me with all of your talents!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another interesting and moving picture of sky and waters ... makes one wish they were there enjoying the cool breeze. Good work.
    Hugs,
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  10. very beautiful Anne...soothing...snoozing....love it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just gorgeous, Anne. I grew up on Orcas Island, and every once in a while, even though I now live inland, I so love and need to see the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty, so calming, wish I could fly around with those gulls:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful sky and seascape. Very relaxing and peaceful piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I too love to paint both sky and water. I did a series not too long ago and it was fun to see what I created.

    I love your painting. It is so pretty and peaceful. I like the painting both framed and unframed.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful painting! What a liveliness with waves and birds. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful painting and a gorgeous photo. Wow - you're right about the change when the painting is framed too :)

    Sarah @ A Cat-Like Curiosity

    ReplyDelete
  17. lovely seagulls and so restful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If your comment has no email address, I'll leave a reply on this post under your comment. Have a fabulous day!