Getting Creative at Home - DAY 2

READY FOR TODAY'S TOUR??!



My blog is part of today's tour!   I'm sharing a few of my all-time fave projects and my house tour too!


I started blogging a little over two years ago.  Back then I had only a vague idea of how to build anything. Now I have a fully outfitted workshop of tools (and the guys I work with are ENVIOUS!) and I get excited whenever I see something on Pinterest that I think I can build.  If you want to see my ginormous pinboard of things to build, click HERE.   It's going to take me several lifetimes to build everything on my board!

My learn-how-to-build-things phase began with three old storm windows that I picked up for free:


I built this tiny upright greenhouse myself.  If you want the deets on how to build your own, click


I've been working away on my home ever since and in spite of some frustration because I'm never really sure of what I'm doing (thank heaven for YouTube and Google Search!), I've had a really fabulous time learning new skills.  I've also gained a better sense of style from reading the blogs of so many talented women who inspire me daily.


Click HERE to see my home tour.

If you haven't been a follower for long, here is my most popular post of all time - my home made paint treatment armoire makeover:


Read all about it HERE

My proudest accomplishment has been my bathroom renovation which I did ALL BY MYSELF!  I tore everything down to the studs, put in a window, put in a new doorway and walled up the old, installed bead board on the walls and ceiling, baseboards & trim, new floor and all new fixtures.  I even built working shutters as a window treatment .  It looks so fabulous now!!



Click HERE to see the whole post

Are you getting the feeling I like aqua?  Just a tiny little bit...

But enough about me!  Do you want to meet some cool bloggers?  Do you want to be inspired?  This is the place!!!

Click on the links below to visit the blogs on today's tour:
(skip back to my post from yesterday if you missed Monday's tour!)
This is a fabulous opportunity to see some great projects, browse new blogs and make some new blog friends.  

If you miss any days, come back on Monday, August 12, we'll post a round-up of all the great projects for you to see on one page.

Please sign up to follow the blogs on the tour!  We'd love to be able to keep inspiring you.

Enjoy the tour!


DAY 2
Tuesday, Aug. 6:

Design Dreams by Anne (You've been here already!)

Cupcakes and Crinoline

Don't forget to come back tomorrow for the next set of blogs to check out!


33 comments:

  1. 1930's Cottage Industrial, so fitting for your style, Anne. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anne, this is Kim @Colors Mixed Together and the blog tour. I just love all that you build. Girl that bathroom is amazing. I wish you were closer. I would hire you to come help me tackle some bigger projects. So happy to be linked up with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kimberly! Isn't this tour so much fun?! I'm happy to be linked up with you too :)

      Delete
  3. Anne, these are also some of my favs on your blog. Your little greenhouse is such a brilliant idea, and it's hard to believe it was your first build. That armoire is gorgeous, and your bathroom is amazing. Wonderful projects to inspire all who are attending the blog tour. I'm feeling a little intimidated by all of the wonderful projects already posted this week. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! It's such a fresh and pretty colour!

      Delete
  5. You go girl! How fabulous you learned to do all this by yourself. I always feel so empowered when I use a power tool. LOL Great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - amazing projects Anne. I love that little greenhouse!! I love your bathroom redesign and that blue armoire is right up my alley. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anne, loved seeing all the things you have built again and enjoyed a tour again too. You are truly amazing!!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww.. I love your house and the bathroom is so crisp and clean! Love the colors!!! I love the little green house out of windows... I have a few left over from when I painted several, so I might need to try this out! So amazed by all that you have done!! So glad you're on the tour!! Hugs!! Claire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Claire! This tour is so much fun isn't it?! xox

      Delete
  9. You know how much I love your home and amazing projects!!!...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that armoire! How did I miss seeing that before? Beautiful color.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very impressive indeed! Ripping out your bathroom to the studs was very brave! You go GIRL!! So happy you are part of our tour!
    Kelly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! It WAS brave. LOL!! Thankfully I had no idea what I was in for when I began... but it was so worthwhile in the end.

      I'm so happy we're all on this tour together - such a great tour!!!

      Delete
  12. I love everything about your home, Anne ~ seeing your eye candy makes me swoon! So happy to be a part of the tour with you.

    Hugs,
    Mary Beth

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Anne, visiting you on the blog tour. I love all your turquoise accents! You are very ambitious to tackle all those big projects! I haven't heard of using hot water in the chalk paint recipe, I made my own too and it turned out rather like glue, but it stayed on at least! I need to get some turquoise in my home, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a firm believer that EVERYONE should have some aqua in their homes :)

      Thanks so much Jessica!!

      xox

      Delete
  14. You inspire me Anne. I'm looking at the horrid bathroom in my new house and wondering if I can be as brave as you. You did an amazing job and should be very proud of yourself. Thrilled to be on the tour with you.
    Hugs,
    Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your construction skills are inspiring Anne! Love the bathroom renovation...turned out fab!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your bathroom is really pretty, you've done a fabulous job of it.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love it all but I guess my fave part is the home tour. As we share homes about the same age..Mine 1929 and your's 1930s. You have great style and I enjoy seeing your projects.
    following you everywhere- don't worry not a creepy stalker just bloggy friend.
    tammy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anne, I just love your home and Aqua is my color as well. You have such a warm and inviting home. You did an awesome job!

    xoxo
    Denyse

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anne, I am back in blogland for a while. I am always so bowled over by your inventiveness and creativity! I think I will try to make a mini greenhouse like yours. All I can say is WOW!!!!!
    You are soooo clever!
    thank you for the tour!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your home is amazing, and what a great feeling to be tackling it yourself! I can relate to your love of aqua - I have a love affair with turquoise!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila! Us Aqua/Turquoise girls have to stick together!!!

      Delete
  21. Anne,
    I loved the home tour. Your home is amazing. So charming and inviting. I love your use of Aqua throughout. That is such a great color. Thanks for this lovely tour.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fun series and your tour was great - thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. A great week of touring. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your home Anne!! So cheery and cozy! Your amazing personality really shows through in how you've decorated your space! Love that blue armoire!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You've created such a great looking space - way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your armoire and your bathroom - how clever are you??!! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If I can't respond to you by email (no reply blogger), I'll leave a reply under your comment. Hope you have a fabulous day!