Countrystyle Pincushion Makeover - 5 Minute Makeover

Every now and then I take a dislike to something and I have to do something about it. Do you ever get that way too? This week I attacked my pincushion.

It's just one of those basic tomato (or maybe it's a strawberry??) pincushions. When I bought it, I thought it was cute. I don't think it's cute anymore...

 


I have this lovely colourful fabric I bought years ago when I actually thought I was going to sew my own quilted throw. I started off with great enthusiasm and intention and then it just died. The pieced portion is still kicking around somewhere in the house, only half sewn and I still have bits and pieces of the fabric. So let's use a piece and make this little pincushion display-worthy!

All I did was cut a square of the fabric with pinking shears and gather it up at the top of the tomato, tying the gathered pieces with a bit of raffia. Then I stuck a silk flower sprig from a candle ring in the top. I love the country look :)



It's so satisfying to do something that only takes a few minutes and looks good too. Have you done any easy peasy projects lately?



and Mr Rooster seems to be pretty happy with it too.  

Have a great day!

17 comments:

  1. Looks very cute. I ♥ sunflowers too! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne,
    This is so cute and so easy peasy!!! Love it.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a good idea. I too have a strawberry tomato that I hate. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way cute Anne! I made over my old tomato pin cushion as a 4th of July project. It's not a sunny and cheery as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great idea half the world probally has one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor little tomato pincushion has been too long without a proper dress. Saved at last. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute and easy project!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  8. The "not cute anymore" tomato pincushion looks country fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks adorable. I'm just like you: I keep things for a while and then suddenly I can't stand it anymore and have to do something about it. Such a thing happened last weekend with the town calendar where the days to get out the trash are written! I'll share it on the blog someday, because of course, I took care of it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun, easy and inexpensive project Anne. Aren't they the best kind!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute and cleaver idea! Love the sweet fabric too!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have that same pin cushion. What a cute idea. Love the fabric you used. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you're onto something here ... goodbye tomato/strawberry(?) pincushions everywhere!! Great transformation ;) Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Thanks so much Wendy! I agree Good BYE tomato!

      Delete
  14. Your creative mind must be going 24/7...you come up with the cutest ideas!...Love the pin cushion makeover!...I have that same red tomato pin cushion that my mother gave to me...

    ReplyDelete
  15. How cute! And simple too! Thanks so much for sharing at Get Your DIY On: May Flowers!! Have a great weekend!

    ~Abby =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If I can't respond to you by email (no reply blogger), I'll leave a reply under your comment. Hope you have a fabulous day!