Rosemary is for Remembrance


Someday when my blogging career is over (!) I will have this lovely sign to remind me of all the wonderful friends I've made during my blogging days.  I have to say that the bloggers and the non-blogging followers that have become my friends since I began this blog are so loyal and faithful, it has been a pleasure to be a part of this community.  I want to thank each and every one of you for following me and for your always kind and generous comments. Blogging wouldn't be any fun without you all!

About a year ago, I saw these herb crates in Layla Palmer's kitchen at The Lettered Cottage and I was in love.  Well, I was in love with the whole kitchen and then the whole blog and I've been a huge fan ever since.






Then last January, my friend Mel at Junkin' Junky made her version of the crates and I wanted them all over again.   Best part is, she's a friend so I emailed her to ask about them.  She offered to send me a decal!  I love Mel, she's the bestest of the best!!!



I was going to use my decal on a crate, but then decided I wanted it on a sign instead.  I set about creating the perfect backdrop for my beautiful decal.



This is a piece of maple that I had originally painted a light blue.  I sanded it and then applied several coats of  stain over the top.  It turned out perfectly!  I measured the center point of the board I had prepared. Then figured out the center point of the decal and I rubbed the decal onto the board.



It's so perfectly what I wanted!!!  Oh but wait, I want to make this just a little more special.

I used a pencil and drew two sprigs of Rosemary on either side.  Then I painted the sprigs with a couple of shades of green.  And now my beautiful sign sits on my pot rack in the kitchen.



I LOVE it!   Thanks Mel!



Have a fabulous week everybody!

37 comments:

  1. Oh Anne I love those kind of signs. Wish I had one in my kitchen too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome, Anne! Adding the sprigs of rosemary was the perfect touch. I wouldn't have thought to make a sign of it, but you did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stuff with words on it ... it's weird how words make things really special! I wonder why that is. Your sign looks great, especially with the rosemary embellishments! I love visiting here because you get me thinking of all the little bits of stuff I have lying around that could be made into something beautiful :) Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice sign, nice pot rack, nice sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice sign -- love the saying (one of my favorites from Hamlet) and the personal touch. Good job. Jo @ Let's Face the Music

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it Anne! But I don't love you talking about ending your blogging. Not one bit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey There Anne!!
    Do you want to share where you got your decals. I just love it, you have boundless energy!
    No more talking about stopping your blogging career. LOL
    Hugs
    Lisa Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa Rose! My girlfriend made me the decal - isn't she fab??

      xox

      Delete
  8. Love your sign Anne - the sprigs of Rosemary are the perfect touch. I didn't realize you were a fellow Canadian from Kimberely, BC (been there a few times over the years - cool place).
    Marie@InteriorFrugalista

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks lovely (and Mel's decals always look so good)! Did you move your potrack or have you painted over your chalkboard wall in the kitchen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well aren't you super observant?! Yes, I painted over the chalkboard because the black was sucking the light out of my very dark kitchen. Thanks!

      Delete
  10. I love bloggy friends! You have been so much fun to play with over the last few years I'd miss you if you stopped but I know what you mean. I love the sign and the touch you added with the lavender!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your sign looks just wonderful and I think the addition of the rosemary sprigs adds the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's beautiful and I love how you added the sprigs of green herbs, they fit in perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sign is sooo sweet! It looks fabulous on your pot rack!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your sign! Awesome! I am a new follower...would love if you would follow back http://churchstreetdesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice job as usual Anne. Love that you added the sprigs of herbs.
    Look so professional.
    Blessings,
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful idea Anne...you always do such great work! Love it in your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your sign. The rosemary sprigs you added.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very sweet message behind this rosemary sign. Love it !! great job Anne !
    best,
    Marlin

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh I love it too. It is perfection. Rosemary is my very favorite herb with mint a close second! You did a wonderful job personalizing it just for you. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It looks perfect in your kitchen, Anne! I love your idea of making it into a sign instead of a crate.

    ReplyDelete
  21. All the crates pictured look great, but I love the sign you made from the decal. Rosemary is special to me. I keep it by the front door so visitors brush past releasing the scent.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love, love, love this. FAbulous idea. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  23. Rosemary is one of my top three favorite herbs and your sign is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Super cute Anne! I love this idea... pinning:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Anne,
    I adore this sign! Found you through Funky Junk party. Can't wait to check out more of your blog.
    Adina @ Simply Country Life

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Anne,
    Love this sign, rosemary is my favorite herb.
    I'm jealous of your sprig painting skills.
    Up next...Caution! Attack Bears In Vicinity!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love this, Anne! That was so nice of your friend to share! I agree...I've met the most amazing people through this blogging world! Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Christy! Bloggers are the most amazing & generous people in the world! xox

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If your comment has no email address, I'll leave a reply on this post under your comment. Have a fabulous day!