7 Easy Christmas Projects to do with the Kids!


Looking for some easy Christmas crafts to do with the kids or grandkids? Here you go - cute and so simple anyone can do these!  Just click on the photos for more details:



Easier than building a real snowman!  3 different sized wreaths from the Dollar Store, some twine to hold the wreaths together, top it with a hat and wrap a scarf around his neck.  Then hang Mr. Snowman on a door, wall of the house, shed or fence.


Sorry, no tutorial for this one!


3-D Stars - Make 'em out of tin foil pie plates, paper or cardboard.


Mason Jar Lid Crafts 
All you need are some lids, jute or twine, ribbon and felt:



A wire garland, coloured Sharpies and some paint sticks.  You can paint the background or not, use a drill or a hammer and large nail to create holes to attach the garland to the sign.



This pretty, fragrant sign is made from a piece of wood, cinnamon sticks and a necklace.  Use a glue gun to attach the pieces to the wood.  



Another super simple wall hanger, this piece was made with a piece of wood, a wired ribbon, a Sharpie and a Christmas image found online.  You can just glue the paper image to the wood or, paint the image with ModPodge glue and place it face down on the wood.  In 24 hours, wash the paper off the wood and your image stays on the wood!


There you go - how to keep those kids busy for HOURS!  Happy crafting! 



18 comments:

  1. Those are all really wonderful crafts, Ann, thanks! I'm pinning it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all these Christmas craft ideas, you make it look so easy,
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing. I will really try it out with my kid...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love to get extra creative at this time of the year. Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely DIYs, Anne, I remember pinning more than half of them! My all-time favorite must be the 3D star, nevertheless. Can't wait to see what you come up with this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute projects Anne ...
    Happy Thanksgiving.
    Hugs,
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your cinnamon tree! And the 3 wreath snowman is fun - looks easy too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the ideas and I'm wondering if I'm allowed to make some of them with my cats... since I have no kid!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These all look like fun...but I am pretty sure I'm not decorating at all this year! I'm about to get crazy busy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great ideas Anne! We're going to get some rafting done this weekend with my Son and I'm really looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some great ideas here and tons that can be upcycled!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen! so glad you popped in!

      Delete
  12. These are all just too cool, Anne. Very creative projects with household items!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was trying to think of a way to do mini wreaths with something- had thought of cardboard but a mason jar lid is PERFECT!! how did I miss that idea? Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. For the last couple of years I've wanted to make a wreath snowman. I end up putting it off, then the cold rolls in and I can barely stand to be outside long enough to shovel the snow, let alone put together a cute little snowman.
    Great idea using the mason jar lids for the base of a tiny wreath. Those are really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, these are really great ideas! I love the cinnamon tree, and the mason jar lid wreath, but can see how much fun they would all be to create! Thanks so much for sharing... I just might give the wreaths a try!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If I can't respond to you by email (no reply blogger), I'll leave a reply under your comment. Hope you have a fabulous day!