My Favourite Christmas Things


I can't decorate much for Christmas this year. I have "this" to contend with:



Oh well, there's always next year!  My Christmas decor this year is pretty minor but I'm making the best of what I can put up.  I've taken a few of my very favourite ornaments and scattered them around.



Max killed the huge poinsettia I had on the floor, so this is all I have left.  At least I have a really cute little Santa hat pot to put it in!

Isn't it a pretty colour?  I love the variegated bracts.



 Faking a little mantel for the living room...
A girlfriend gave me that lovely "Believe" wall hanging last Christmas and my mom bought
me these fabulous embroidered stockings.

and another faux mantel in the kitchen!

I love love love my roosters.  They're up all year round so I've given them a Christmas look with red ribbons.  I painted my napkin holder with red chalk paint so I can write whatever I like on it.
Joyeux noel!

 I love this Santa head I found years ago.
I cannot leave him in a box so he's up high where (hopefully) Max will leave him alone...

Christmas is a crock!  I plunked my tiny trees in crocks to keep them from falling over
during any Max-attacks.  It's working!!!  and I really like the look. 

I only used non-breakable ornaments on my tiny tree.  The wood bead garland was one of my favourite finds at a country store years ago.  I found the wooden ornaments at Ikea (again, years ago).  The grapevine vase fillers make lovely rustic'y' Christmas balls and the stuffed snowmen - well, they only lasted a couple of days cause Maxie LOVES stuffies...


This funky tin tree came from the Dollar Store (not for $1 either) but it reminded me of A Charlie Brown Christmas when Linus and Charlie Brown go to find the Christmas tree and all the trees are metal.  Soooo cute!
And that, my friends, is the extent of my Christmas decor!  

So from my house to yours, we wish you a very Merry holiday season!!
xox



Cheers!



With a small budget, big dreams and a love of a challenge, Anne blogs about renovating and decorating her tiny 1930s bungalow. A self-taught artist and professed power tool lover, she enjoys writing, gardening, photography, nature and diy'ing. And she's never met a dumpster she didn’t want to root through! Come along for the ride!!

Remodeling and Home Design

Follow on Bloglovin
Sharing with:
Inspiration Exchange
Treasure Hunt Thursday
Christmas Extravaganza

33 comments:

  1. poinsettias are poisonous to cats. if you can, i would put it out of his reach (easier said than done with cats).

    P.S. love the santa head!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! ps I looked up poinsettias before I bought them and according to Snopes, poinsettias aren't toxic to pets. Max ate several leaves and wasn't bothered at all, I'm happy to report!

      Delete
    2. I worked in a garden centre where we sold thousands of poinsettia, and there were two cats living there. An animal would have to eat acres of them to react to the poison in them. :)

      Delete
  2. Love the crocks full of trees and of course I love Max. How can you get angry at that face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your trees in crocks are a great and pretty idea. Max is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so festive! I love it! Max is adorable and stealing the show! The crocks are so cleverly used.

    I had a cat that use to climb the tree to take a particular bird ornament. She never destroyed it; she just thought it was her bird.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. How can something so adorable be so bad? (don't answer that, I already understand ... it's just ironic.)

    The year we adopted the sister kitties, I battened the Christmas hatches with unbreakable everything and minimal stuff sitting out. Wouldn't you know that they have NEVER touched a Christmas ornament.

    Alice and Dorothy told me to tell Max that they love his stripes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks so festive! I love the metal tree!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Max looks too cute to be a monster! Your Christmas decorations look lovely even if they have to be Max proof! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anne,
    I always love your taste and style! The Christmas trees in the crocks are so perfect!! hanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've only ever had cats (crazy barn cats) when I lived in a rented farmhouse with my sister for a couple of years. Since then it's always been dogs. I couldn't survive having a cat climbing all over the Christmas tree and playing with the ornaments. Max is SO adorable though ... that last tummy shot? I just want to rub his furry belly ;) Your decorating looks wonderful, and I'm surprised Max is leaving these things alone. I like your trio of trees in the crocks. We have a huge tree (still in box) but years later I'm sort of regretting not getting something smaller. I guess I should start getting my Christmas stuff out now, eh? Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my first Christmas without a dog in the house since 1985 :( So miss my pups - all of 'em! I've had cats for 13 years now and it's only trouble in the first couple of years, so no worries! Yes, Wendy, get your Christmas stuff out! lol

      Delete
  10. Max is so cute…watch Max around the poinsettias..I hear they are not so good for pets…I love, love the trees in those amazing crocks!…Great job Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Max is adorable! We have a couple of cats and they love the ornaments that hang on the bottom of the tree, fortunately only the bottom ones. We haven't done much decorating this year either, mainly due to time (and we aren't having company over the holidays) but I did get the outside lights up, wreaths hung and my greens 'planted'. I love what you have done, even though you said not much decor, you've made it look very festive!
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Max is sooo cute Anne! We have 5 cats (4 out of 5 being rescues) and haven't done much indoor decorating in years. But our cats bring us much joy so we don't worry about it. They're pretty good about trees though, so we do get to put up two of those. I love your roosters, and pretty much everything you've done, and that tin tree is fabulous even if it is from the dollar store.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet Anne, I love your whimsical mantel with the two roosters, it's like a fairytale! Max is a heart steeler. And let me just say that you are not lone in your sufferings - my oldest kitty is turning 4 this month and this is the first year that I can afford to leave the fake Xmas tree in the living room (with no ornaments in it, of course, just some string lights!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the trees in the crocks, so much better than just a tree stand and skirt. I want to do something creative with our trees for next year. Can't wait. Max is so cute!!!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the Santa head. So awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow, I love your crocks! I don't think we could ever visit each other... or we'd have to be frisked before we leave... kitten and all! He's adorable! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laurie! I used to have even more, I got rid of a bunch when I moved. It's crock heaven in my town, you can find 'em everywhere!

      Delete
  17. Oh wow, I love your crocks! I don't think we could ever visit each other... or we'd have to be frisked before we leave... kitten and all! He's adorable! xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Anne, Your little helper is adorable. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like you found some Max-proof Christmas after all! It all looks lovely Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a cutie-patootie! I do catch a glimmer of the dickens in him--I recognize it from our three cats :) I think you've done a great job decorating with Max in mind, Anne--your home looks so charming and ready for the holidays. I love the little trees in the crocks.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Max - you be good now!! Those aren't toys for you to play with! There Anne, hope that helps. Your decorations look pretty too by the way - happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  22. For not much Christmas decorating, your doing quite well, and much better than I (me?) Anywho, I love your crocked trees and great ideas on the chalk painted napkin holder, "so you can write anything" thinking, as well as the adding red ribbon to roosters to make them Christmassy. Looking fab, Anne! Max is a sweetie pie :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I can relate to this perfectly. But I love my cats more than decorating for Christmas. They all seem to calm down greatly when they turn 2 yrs old. I love your decorations. He is a beautiful kitty too. My 1 poinsettia is up at the top of a bookshelf where I can't see it well. Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, love is more important than things and what better time to remember that than at Christmas. Thanks for your visit Mary! xox

      Delete
  24. Your Max is adorable! I like your trio of trees in crocks, they looks wonderful. Everything looks very festive and really wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Anne everything looks so pretty...my absolute favorite is the Christmas trees in the crocks!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your decorating is so pretty and Max is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the Christmas trees in the crocks- so cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If your comment has no email address, I'll leave a reply on this post under your comment. Have a fabulous day!