Creating My Artist's Studio - Mood Boards

Did you see my updated home office post a couple of weeks back?  Well I just realized that there is a contest where a local store will give up to $1000 toward creating your dream office space.  I am so IN!!!  

So far my office - or study as I am now calling it - looks like this:




It works well, but isn't really set up for me to work on my art - the easel isn't working for me, I prefer a flat surface, the desk is quite large and clunky and the rest of the space is filled with stuff I can't fit into the rest of my house...

Hmmm, new furniture and storage pieces from Staples sounds like a dream come true!

So here is my dream space:

I'd like a charming desk that fits the tight space better, a lamp that has outlets on the base is AWESOME, a nice rug that brightens the room, a cool chair that is fully adjustable and a nice skinny storage tower to hold all my supplies.



These pieces together with this upright laptop desk that I would use as my easel would be fabulous!  
 

Although I feel I would be doing something to this piece to make it fit in better with my other selections.  Hmmm now what could I do with this ;)   In fact, since I'm redecorating the house in cottage style, there may be a whole lotta chalk painting and farmhouse design touches going on if I win this contest!  

Here's another alternative to the studio - in more of the cottage look I love: 


The pattern on the rug works so well with the two dressers.  The credenza has tons of space and the desk is big enough to be useful yet small enough to take up only a little space.  Plus the easel for my artwork.  

Isn't it fun to dream??  



With a small budget, big dreams and a love of a challenge, Anne blogs about renovating and decorating her tiny 1930s bungalow. A self-taught artist and professed power tool lover, she enjoys writing, gardening, photography, nature and diy'ing. And she's never met a dumpster she didn’t want to root through! Come along for the ride!!

Sharing at:
Every Room in the House Party

25 comments:

  1. How neat, just imagine winning the money and picking out what you wanted! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Anne - that laptop desk is what I need too. I can't keep my space for creating organized. I feel scatter brained when I try to use it. I Iike that you set a goal for the look you want. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you'll do something stunning! I love the inspiration desk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your drawings are very nice. It gives more beauty for your room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your inspiration board, Anne! Best wishes!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I know with your amazing talents and creativity you can do it!!!!..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your dreams come true! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Luck Anne! I LOVE your inspiration board especially the cottage one!! Enjoy your day, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your plans, Anne. I notice there is no new hang out for Max in the new space...what gives? ;)
    Good luck- hope you win!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great contest. I haven't been in a Staples for a long time but that laptop easel look desk is very cool. Oh, and the light with built in sockets is fantastic.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The lamp with outlets, now that's clever. I already love your space, but I could see you changing out any one of those new pieces and making it work all over again ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These pieces are just right for an art space, Anne. I really like the dark wood desk, it's so pretty.

    I see that you are still being creative in your lovely home. I hope you are enjoying the spring days, friend.

    love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you win Anne. I like your inspiration boards!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such great inspiration Anne!! Good luck - hope you win:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. It would be fantastic if you won!!!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rooting for you Anne - those are some incredible images!
    Happy Weekend !
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for your nice comment on my "Jesse" post today. It means so much to me and Nel.

    Have a happy weekend, dear.

    love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love to paint but with all my interest my art room turned into a craft room also. Then there is my photography. I really need to get back into painting. I love it so much. Thanks for stopping by the blog and leaving such a nice message.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Painting is my refuge - I love it, but as you say - things get in the way! Thanks for popping in Pam!

      xox

      Delete
  19. Hi Anne,
    This is too exciting. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. This will be so awesome. Keeping great thoughts.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your office is really lovely, and you've got some wonderful ideas for it. I hope you win! I've been crazy busy lately with work stuff as well as hardening off flower starts--hanging baskets and containers will get planted next week, if it stops raining :) Supposed to be warm and sunny, so we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, I hope you win, Anne. I like both of your idea boards, but I'm leaning toward #2. You should come and link up this post, too, at Every Room In The House this month: http://www.ajoyfulcottage.com/2014/05/every-room-in-house-party-5.html
    We can never get too much inspiration. :) ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If I can't respond to you by email (no reply blogger), I'll leave a reply under your comment. Hope you have a fabulous day!