I am on a welcome sign kick this week - chalk it up to my new front porch!! While scrolling through Pinterest I found a photo of old doorknob plates used as a street number sign. I was going to replicate that look but the numbers would have been a bit too small to see from the street. Instead I went with yet another welcome sign...
Plus I scored an scrabble set at the Thrift shop a few weeks ago & I was delighted to use some of the tiles for this project.
Here are some of the supplies I used.
In addition, after I laid out the whole thing, I thought it needed a frame.
Since I have this aversion to throwing out even the tiniest length of trim, I have a lot of bits and pieces kicking around. Finally I could use some of them up!! I also used dark wax to darken the paint on the bead board and I white-washed the trim pieces and then wiped raw umber paint mixed with a bit of water over the top.
I think it turned out pretty sweet!
Have a great day!!