Happy Thanksgiving!

TGIF - well close enough! It's Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada and I'm looking forward to my turkey dinner with all the fixin's.

We've been having the most glorious fall weather ever here, warm days and warm nights (well warmish nights... ).  The fall colours have been more intense than usual and I spent some time taking photos of all the glorious colour.








These photos were take a couple of weekends ago and the colour is even better now but I couldn't get outside to take more photos.

In the meantime, I felt inspired to paint over an old painting this week.  It was one of my very first paintings and to tell the truth, I couldn't stand to see how poorly it was done anymore!!


Here is my new painting, I admit that I copied someone else's painting but I did it really really well :)

Happy Thanksgiving!

xo

20 comments:

  1. You made me laugh out loud about copying, but doing it really well! Your painting is lovely, and your photography is lovely, too! That gorgeous scenery makes me want to hop a train up there to eat turkey with you. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, that was funny....copying really well!! Happy turkey day.......gobble, gobble.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving!

    I think we need to visit Canada - haven't been since I was 14. Fall in Canada is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so beauty!!!
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    ps. and kisses from Poland of course:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos AND painting, Anne! A very happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving Anne! The painting is stellar and the fall pics are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous pictures and Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy!!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Thanksgiving, Anne!! Your neighborhood and surroundings look beautiful and your painting looks real at first glance. So well done, it's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The painting and photos are beautiful, such gorgeous colours! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your painting, Anne. Very nice fall images, too. The blue sky in that second photo is amazing. Happy Thanksgiving to you! xxx ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Thanksgiving Anne. I had a customer where I work tell me she has a 2nd home in Cranbrook and said the weather and fall colour is gorgeous now. It's beautiful in southern Alberta too but I'm not looking forwards to raking all the leaves. We never had boulevards of huge leafy trees where we used to live.
    Love your newest painting, it's always fun to see your new artwork.
    Enjoy your holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you had a good thanksgiving. Those colours and your picture are wonderful. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you enjoyed your holidays. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What gorgeous colors!...can't imagine how fabulous they are now...and LOVE your painting Anne!!!..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If your comment has no email address, I'll leave a reply on this post under your comment. Have a fabulous day!