Open House Sundays #2 - My Creative Days


It's time for another Open House Sunday!  This week we're visiting with Lindsay at My Creative Days.  Welcome Lindsay!
**************



Hello, and welcome to my fall home tour! I am so excited to be participating with another group of creative bloggers this fall for a home tour. There is so much fall inspiration to be had with these talented ladies and their beautiful homes. You won't want to miss any of them. There is a list of all the beautiful tours at the end of this post.

It is no secret that fall is my favorite time of year. There is nothing about this season that I don't like. When summer starts winding down, I get excited to start decorating for fall. As with all of my decorating, I don't like to make my seasonal 'flair' too fussy or time consuming. Adding a few touches here and there is what I like to do to introduce a season or holiday in our home. I reuse decorations each year, but I also like to add new things by either creating them or picking up a few fall related pieces (leaves, fall colored flowers, small plastic pumpkins, etc.) in the dollar bin at Target or at the Dollar Tree.

Okay, let's get the the tour already.

We will start in our living room.

Fall Home Tour

Since we added our faux "mantel" to the wall, it has been a lot of fun decorating it. I am already planning what to do at Christmas (without wanting fall to be over).

There are so many things that resonate fall to me and one of my favorites are plaid, flannel shirts. To incorporate that into my fall decorating, I made a garland from one. I picked up an orange, plaid shirt at the thrift store and cut it up and tied it to some burlap ribbon. I attached the garland to an old frame and added some Dollar Tree tissue paper leaves.

Fall Home Tour

I know the Wood Jack-O-Lantern is more Halloween than fall, but I needed something taller in that corner. I will be adding a lot more things around the house for Halloween and will be posting about that too . Stay tuned.

Fall Home Tour
Fall Home Tour

I had these flowers in my summer home tour. I really liked them and wanted to use them in my fall decorating too so I spray painted them some fun, fall colors.

Fall Home Tour

A chalkboard is easy to make over for a new season or holiday. It is fun to draw and write new messages as the seasons change and the holidays roll in.

Fall Home Tour

Now, I do not buy new curtains and pillows and all that with each season. #1, I am not going to spend the money for new things every season and #2, we don't have the storage to house it all. But, if you follow me on Instagram, you saw that I bought new curtains for our dining room/kitchen makeover at Target on clearance. Well, on my next trip to Target (I am there a lot) I found these curtains that were 'repackaged' and less expensive than the curtains I bought for the dining room. I couldn't pass them up.

Fall Home Tour

Our "entry" got a fall face lift as well.

Fall Home Tour

I love putting white or brown butcher paper on our table. On this day, I set up the table for a fall craft with the kiddos. They love writing and drawing on the butcher paper and when they are done, it is a decoration in itself.

Fall Home Tour

The glass front cabinets in our dining area are always fun to decorate with each season. This year, I bought some fall colored flowers and small pumpkins at Dollar Tree and used them in the cabinets.

Fall Home Tour

During the fall, our back porch gets a lot of use. It is so nice to open all the windows and enjoy the crisp fall air while watching all the football games.

Fall Home Tour

Fall Home Tour

Fall Home Tour

I always decorate the outside of our home as well. I made this simple rake 'wreath' and hung it on the old fence at the back of the house.

Fall Home Tour

At the front of our home, you are greeted with the Curbside Table Turned 'Hello' Pumpkin I made last year.

Fall Home Tour

I added this small fall statement to our front door. I picked it up at a yard sale and painted all the leaves a different color.

fall12

We are ready for fall and welcome it with open arms.


Wasn't that a fabulous tour?  Thanks so much for sharing your home with us Lindsay!  Be sure to visit Lindsay's blog at My Creative Days.


9 comments:

  1. Great choice Anne. Lindsay's home is adorable. I am hoping over to her blog now. Thanks for the intro.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great choice, great style. Love the bench and the chalkboard. The pillows are and the window over the bench is nice and big. Great warm kitchen. Thanks for the introduction to another blog.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Lindsay has so many creative ideas for Fall. That wooden pumpkin, her spray painted flowers, the faux mantel, the orange plaid, and that rustic wooden cornice is super cool!! Her style really shows as we get to see vignettes from different rooms of her beautiful house. Great tour, Anne!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous home tour! Thanks for sharing this and introducing me to a new blogger.

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun home! I think I did more of that type of decorating when my children were young, always thinking of what the kids would like too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely home tour and I love that it's all decked out for fall! Off to check out Lindsays blog now and thanks for sharing it Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute house, Anne. Thanks for introducing us to Lindsey. I love her Autumn chalkboard and all her creative and cost saving ideas. Spray painting the flowers was smart and very effective. xxx ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Lindsay's home Anne. It seems so warm and real to me, and is so beautifully decorated for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Lindsey's simple Autumn touches, so many good ideas! Her home looks so lovely too. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If your comment has no email address, I'll leave a reply on this post under your comment. Have a fabulous day!