15 DIYs $20 and Under

I love a good deal and how much better does it get when you can use your own hands to create or recreate something in a style that's all your own? Here are 15 DIY projects that can be done for $20 or under. Nothing beats unleashing that creativity!!


Window treatments don't have to cost a lot to be beautiful!



It only takes one piece of wood to make this cute bench!



These working shutters were made from 1x4s and 1x2s - anybody can make these!

Inexpensive wood trim makes an easy frame for  stretched canvas paintings.


Using veneer to dress up drawer fronts.

 Make a plain jane tray into a masterpiece - c'est 

très chic, non?



Add a cutting board top to a side table,so easy!

No space for a full sized desk? A piece of plywood and two brackets will solve that problem!

Have you wanted a greenhouse but never had the space for it? This tiny jewel of a greenhouse fits anywhere - even on a balcony!

A checkerboard finish gives this step stool a vintage country look.

Tea towels take on a new life in this bedroom.

This headboard was created with an old door, two pieces of lumber, some trim and paint.

Mason jars, spray paint, twine and a re-used soap pump create a super cute soap dispenser


3 pieces of 2x2x8s give new height to this coffee table turned bar table

Scrap wood display stepladder
It doesn't have to cost a lot to decorate.  I hope some of these ideas inspired you to create your own masterpieces!

Have a great week!



33 comments:

  1. All of your fabulous DIY Projects on A Dime would fill a book!!!....and I will be first in line to buy it!...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You get the award - seriously.

    Write a book soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have the best ideas Anne....I think I have most projects pinned already from the past...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I love these projects

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. All such great and inexpensive projects Anne! I had not seen the tall boy turned apothecary cabinet yet. I really loved this idea.

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all great ideas and even better all can be done under 20 dollars.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all your projects... The indoor shutters are really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Magali the shutters are my all time fav, but the bench is so cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are ALWAYS an inspiration Anne! I love your cottage/country style and your "just do it" attitude! I really needed this post this morning as I'm dithering on my kitchen. Thank you for your advice on how my curtain fabric looks "fun"!! I think it has cleared some fogginess in my brain ;) Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so inspired by your great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the best compliment of all!

      Delete
  11. Your projects are beautiful Anne! I love how each of these is cheap and really adds to the decor in the space.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, I love all these ideas, especially the tray! I've seen so many cool trays re purposed with corks and wine labels and then resold for $20+ at antique shops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaina! I love that tray... :)

      Delete
  13. Great ideas. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are one talented DIYer Anne!
    Marie@The Interior Frugalista

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, I know you are talented, but seeing all your projects in one place is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a great list of DIY projects. I especially like that they are budget friendly!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So many great ideas! I just don't know where to start! I definitely need more hours in the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pinning away over here, Anne, what a GREAT collection of CHEAP DIY PROJECT IDEAS!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love having all of these in one place. Pinning now! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You're so clever and handy Anne! How inspiring to have all these projects in one spot, seems like I should be able to tackle at least one of them...starting with that tray!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Andrea! Have a great day!

      Delete
  21. There are some really awesome ideas here...all in one place! Thanks for sharing these awesome ideas. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fantastic round-up of your genius DIYs! I love so many of them, especially the teatowels turned shams, the grain sack desk top, and the cutting board top on the end table. A great DIY go-to all in one place! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. What an awesome post Anne! Specially now when we (I) have to save for the upcoming holiday season - you CAN still do all your DIY's without spending a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just love all your DIYs. Very nice!
    Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. You know, your inside shutters are still my favorite. I find myself often looking at my windows wondering what one I can do that on.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If your comment has no email address, I'll leave a reply on this post under your comment. Have a fabulous day!