Open House Sundays #5 - Country Design Style

Welcome to Open House Sundays where we get a personal invitation to tour through a different blogger's house every week!



This week we're visiting with Jeanette from Country Design Style - are you ever in for a treat!!  Jeanette does amazing DIY projects, she is a girl after my own heart.  I can't wait for you to see her amazing home.

Enjoy!


****************

Hello, my name is Jeanette and my website is Country Design Style, a home DIY blog. I'm thrilled to welcome Anne and you to our cabin in the woods.

Our cabin is located in the mountains of Arizona. A large portion of Arizona is pine trees and we live in the middle of them. It's the largest continuous strand of Ponderosa Pines in the United States. We see elk daily usually while they're eating our plants. That's okay they were here first.

I've made most of the things in our home. Made, remade, repurposed or upcycled. I live with Mike, the love of my life and he doesn't mind the sawdust! We have a 10 year old German Shepherd, Homer and a 5 year old multi-poo, Bella.

Now for the tour.

Our Cabin Front Country Design Style
This is the front porch that sold us on the cabin. We have four seasons and this gets used during everyone of them. With a large quilt in the winter!

front door http://countrydesignstyle.com
This is our autumn decor and my "nesting" tables!

Living room Country Design style
Our living room is a stone wall with the fireplace and windows. The TV has to sit on the mantel. I love the large logs as beams. Just hope they stay up there!

Powder room Country Design Style
The powder room is behind the stone wall with a sink made from one end of a living room log.

Office country design style
Then on the other end of the stone wall is Mike's office. His favorite saying. "It's all good!"

My repurposed desk Country Design Style-18
The dining area is the other side of the living room. I remade the buffet to hold my laptop and files of magazine clippings that go as far back as the late 70's. That's where I blog. Notice the two dog beds.

kitchen Counrty Design Style
The kitchen makes me believe I can cook! The door goes to our back porch. On the right by those flower things on the wall, heads to the garage and our master bedroom below.

Our made bed Country Design Style
I made my bed! I actually did "make" the bed. Inspired by old doors, the bed was made from the scraps from a house being built across the street. The black chair has a family inspired monogram cut-out in the back.

Country Design Style
My grandson helped make the TV shelf last summer. The front opens to reveal the cable boxes and DVD player. The TV is really hanging on the wall and the shelf was hung directly below.

Chalk Fire 1
Years before blogging, I designed and made furniture to sell to local shops. I grew to love making mantels. This mantel I did using wood scraps, broken frames and old spindles. The firebox is painted with chalkboard paint.

outdoor-spaces-country-design-style-FP
This is our backyard sitting area on the lower patio. The coffee table got a new 2 inch thick boards that I aged with tea and vinegar. This technique seems to have protected the wood too.

Back porch with furniture
The back porch with a full kitchen is the perfect place to cook a breakfast. T area was completely redone. It started with just a wood deck.

My little workshop
This is my favorite "room!" My little workshop. This wood shed holds two large worktables {one fits over the other} and all my woodworking tools.

Guest room west
Upstairs are two guest rooms. This is the adult room.

Guest Room east
This is the kids guest room, or the Lucy and Desi room! These bedrooms each have a bathroom.

craft room country design style
The area between the guests room I turned into a craft room. A work in progress, always!

Balcony west Country Design Style
The balcony upstairs.

That's our cabin. Different but we love it.

Thank you for visiting and come back soon!

Let me walk you out because....

Autumn Night Sounds Country Design Style
around here you never know what you will find!
Young elk walking in the backyard.

I share DIY projects, tutorials, and inspirations on Facebook, Pinterest, Hometalk, Google Plus, Instagram, and Twitter.

Didn't you LOVE that house?? Jeanette is so talented, I am so inspired...  Hope you enjoyed the tour!
Have a wonderful week!



13 comments:

  1. Wow, great cabin! I love how unique it is. That fireplace mantle is SO cool!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is not a "cabin" it is a house and a rather nice house at that

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many wonderful things to comment on in her great house.

    I will focus on that incredible sink made from the log - WOW!

    And, the fireplace with all the little leftover bits of wood - FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. jeanette is one of my favorite bloggers not only does she create awesome stuff, she has a sense of humor that won't quit and her love of dogs and the charity work she does is awesome too, nice lady xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  5. Anne, thank you for sharing our home with your readers. We love it when guests stop by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thrilled to include your beautiful home in the Open House series. Thanks so much for sharing it here!

      Delete
  6. Great feel to this space and what a location!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful home with great outdoor spaces too...can't imagine how wonderful it is sitting out on that deck and taking in the gorgeous views!...Thanks for another great tour Anne!!!...Jeannette's home is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jeanette has so many creative projects, that tv shelf is brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh boy, what a gorgeous tour!!!!! Looks like a wonderful place to live!!! xoxoxo Christine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely cabin and furnishings. My favorites are the black bed and the mantel. Awesome! ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a lovely house: I love how the wood makes the place warm and cosy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If your comment has no email address, I'll leave a reply on this post under your comment. Have a fabulous day!