Precious Gift

I recently received a lovely gift from a blog friend. Carol from Art and Sand who has become a dear friend made me a beautiful  banner with the word C-R-E-A-T-E on it.  I'm in love with it...

Isn't it gorgeous?  and perfect, too!  It has already inspired several new ideas for me.  Thank you so much Carol! I adore this banner!!



It took me a while to decide where to hang it, but I settled on my studio/home office since that is where I work on my art.  Please forgive the clutter but this is how my studio ALWAYS looks.  Over loaded with all my paintings and things that don't have a home elsewhere...


Quite a few of my readers have told me that they didn't know I was an artist.  I've only been painting for a few years and I'm self-taught so I feel a little funny sometimes about using the word "artist".  Somehow a title like that sets up expectations, don't you think?  I prefer to think of myself as a creator of art - it takes some of the pressure off!

Here are a few samples of my work:

This is the one and only oil painting I ever did.  It was also my first real attempt at painting a landscape.


Just to give you a chill, here's my latest painting.  I dislike snow so I have no idea why I was inspired to paint this!


This next painting is one of my favourites:


and I really love this one too


This painting below was done to cover up a very early painting I had done that I no longer liked:



Here's the painting that I painted over:

This is my most pinned piece:


and this is my favourite piece of all:


If you'd like to see more examples of my work, click HERE.

Thank you so much Carol for the beautiful gift and the extra boost of inspiration.

Have a great weekend everyone!

7 comments:

  1. That was very sweet of her, I love little surprises like that! Your paintings are all beautiful, my favorite is the tree.

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a thoughtful gift I love it. Anne, my favorite is the last one I think it is so serene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Di! It was a super thoughtful gift.

      xox

      Delete
  3. The banner is lovely and the colours are so like Carol! Your paintings are amazing and the white flowers have become my second favourite after the shore one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice of Carol to make the banner for you, and very appropriate. You are so modest, Anne, and that just makes you all the more wonderful. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. You have artistic talent, and it will only improve with time. Keep at it and enjoy the process. Creating makes life more joyful. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. That banner is adorable and it looks perfect below your shelf of pending artwork. I've never seen some of these paintings, love them all, Anne!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, I didn't see the post about the CREATE banner. I have been so intermittent in my reading with my recovery process. I was starting to catch up and then we went away for 4 days.

    Thanks for the shout out about the banner. It looks great hanging on your shelf.

    And, I love your art. You definitely need the word artist as a descriptor. You are doing what you enjoy and creating something beautiful.

    Stay warm - people are starting to post pics of snow and talking about the low temps.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If I can't respond to you by email (no reply blogger), I'll leave a reply under your comment. Hope you have a fabulous day!