Open House Sundays #10 - Cloches & Lavender

Welcome to Open House Sundays where we get a personal invitation to tour through a different blogger's house every week!


This week's tour is courtesy of Cindy from Cloches and Lavender.  Cindy is one of the first bloggers I met when I began blogging, her home is brand new (she just moved in earlier this year) and it is GORGEOUS.  Cindy has the best faux painting skills in blogland.  Her pieces are beautifully done using appliqués in a lot of cases - they truly look antique!  

Enjoy this Christmas tour of her new home!

*****************



Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year, especially this year in our new home. I really believe this was instilled in me from childhood since my mom made this such a happy time for us kids.

I was so honored that Anne invited me to share my home tour including some of my Christmas décor. During the next two weeks you can visit Cloches and Lavender to see more reveals and Christmas décor.

Welcome to our Dining Room.

DSC_0024_wm


Our dining room table is ready to be set for Christmas with a centerpiece filled with greens and some sugared fruit, pinecones, crown and pretty wooden tag I purchased from my Friend Shari at Turn Style Vogue.

The back of the chairs have these beautiful small pinecone wreathes I purchased from Ballard last year on sale and attached them using some ivory ribbon I had on hand. On our captain’s chairs I used burgundy sashes I had on hand.

DSC_0003_wm

DSC_0006_wm

DSC_0005_wm DSC_0010_wm

DSC_0013_wm

Our chandelier in this room I bought from Overstock at a great price and I painted and fauxed the medallion and which can be seen HERE.

In a team effort my husband and I designed and made the piece over the doorway. We made this in our old home.

DSC_0028_wm

The buffet is a recent project I finished and you can see it HERE. I displayed one of my favorite cloches with bottle brush trees, mercury glass finials, paper trees I purchased at a craft show a few years back and a piece of mercury glass with a battery operated candle to add a glow.

DSC_0023_wm

DSC_0003_wmDSC_0002_wm

This small table I painted many years ago and added a plaid box I had and filled it with small bottle brush trees and some Christmas balls with a French tag.

The crown is filled with beaded fruit and I love all the colors peeking through. This small glass piece on the end I found at Michael’s last year and put a batter operated candle inside.

DSC_0012_wm DSC_0012_wm

These pictures hanging in the ornate frames were an anniversary gift from my hubby years ago and are of Provence and Italy.

DSC_0017_wm DSC_0018_wm

The Paris sign hanging I bought from Décor Steals while we were building our house. I knew I would incorporate it into the dining room.

DSC_0025_wm

The cachet bucket filled with lavender is an old piece I had for years and the black and white canvas is a French scene I bought at Home Goods years back.

DSC_0013_wm

DSC_0004_wm

Welcome to our foyer.

DSC_0043_wm

I wanted this to be a very welcoming place for Christmas. I added a twig tree that is adorned with glass ornaments made in Germany. The sled below I painted and added plaster stencils with a faux technique using antiqued sliver paint.

DSC_0041_wm

The cute rug displayed by the front door was a house warming gift from a friend.

DSC_0045_wm

The Hitchcock chair was my moms and a pillow from Pottery Barn adds some whimsy. This was a Christmas gift I received last year.

DSC_0044_wm

The Bombay chest next to the tree, a plaid box filled with one of my many Byer’s Choice which I collect, is filled with beaded gold pears and an assortment of Christmas balls.

The bottle brush tree under a cloche was a purchase I made at a craft fair many years ago, still a favorite.

DSC_0038_wm

I also want to share our laundry room with you. My husband John built this wonderful folding table for me. Isn’t it a beauty?

DSC_0012_wm

Thank you so much Anne for the feature and thank to all of you for visiting. I hope you will check back for my new posts to continue seeing our new home decked out for Christmas.


Wasn't that a fun tour?  Cindy's style is so warm and welcoming.  I love her pretty home and the Christmas decor is beautiful!  (I really love that snowman cushion cover!!!). Thanks so much for sharing your home with us Cindy!

Have a wonderful week!

17 comments:

  1. Great Choice Anne. Love Cindy, her blog and her brand new beautiful home. It was fun to watch the house become a home as they were building. Love how comfy and cozy all her rooms are. Just so pretty.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful home! I love seeing how people decorate for Christmas! Thanks for sharing Anne!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous tour Anne...I love Cindy's beautiful home!! Happy Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anne thank you a million times over. You are a dear friend and you know one of my WOW girls

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved seeing Cindy's home featured here, Anne. I've been following the building of her new home from the ground up, and it's fun seeing how she's incorporating all her beautiful cherished things into her new spaces.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Cindy. Her house looks beautiful all dressed up for Christmas. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it gorgeous? I'm so glad Cindy could participate.

      Happy Sunday! xox

      Delete
  7. Cindy's home is so lovely! Thank you for sharing her with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am going to ask for a front loading washer just so I can have a work table right over the appliances.

    Everything looks beautiful, but I can't get my mind off that work table.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wunderschöne dekoration!!! liebe grüße von angie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Anne, I loved seeing talented Cindy here for your home tour. She has created an inviting and beautifully decorated home for Christmas and more. She is an inspiration. Love the folding table over the washer and dryer.
    Beautiful Cindy. so enjoyed the tour and going back to view it all again.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love Cindy's home and it was great to follow her journey of the building process of her home...She has certainly created such a beautiful new home...loved the tour and love Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I couldn't begin to pick out a favorite feature from Cindy's beautiful photos shown here. I'm not familiar with her, so I appreciate the introduction, Anne. I'm off to see her blog now. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful home! Love all the holiday touches. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A warm and welcoming home. I love all the evregreen used for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how Cindy accented her own creations with the great deals she has found in some of our favorite stores. She has a beautiful home, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If your comment has no email address, I'll leave a reply on this post under your comment. Have a fabulous day!