Open House Sundays #11 - White Lace Cottage Christmas Tour

Welcome to Open House Sundays where we get a personal invitation to tour through a different blogger's house every week!


This week's tour is courtesy of  Anne from White Lace Cottage.  Anne has a beautiful home that she has decorated in Shabby Chic style.   Her Christmas decor is very simple, feminine and beautiful.  I really like this light touch approach to Christmas decor.  I hope you like it, too!

Enjoy the tour!

***********************

Hi I am Anne from White Lace Cottage and I am thrilled that Anne asked me to share my Shabby Chic Inspired Holiday tour.

I like keeping things simple in my home especially during the holidays.
I don't like changing my whole home around, instead I add simple touches.

White Lace Cottage Christmas Home Tour-9

This year I was feeling crafty and decided to make my ornaments for my tree.
Those star ornaments were made using poster board and German glass glitter.

German Glass Glitter Ornaments (2 of 10)

I also made the paper garland using vintage music sheet roll paper.
My tree skirt was a very simple craft too,and no sew!

You can read the tutorial on these projects HERE and HERE.

White Lace Cottage Christmas Home Tour-16

I love adding fresh greens in my home,tucking these in pitcher,or simply placed in a vignette.

White Lace Cottage Christmas Home Tour-15

White Lace Cottage Christmas Home Tour-40

On my table I added a garden urn,placed a bowl inside,added marble rocks and a few paperwhite bulbs.
I have been adding these in my home for the past couple years.
And since taking these photos these are starting to open.
My Angel wings adorn my vintage mannequin.

White Lace Cottage Christmas Home Tour-46

White Lace Cottage Christmas Home Tour-54

One of my favorite things to add in my home this time of the year is a rosemary tree in my home too,the scent is amazing!
It reminds me of lavender.

White Lace Cottage Christmas Home Tour-91

In my dining room I added a few Christmas touches,like that silver star garland.
I made these stars the same way I made my star tree ornaments,and then added a little trim to loop through to hang.
Fresh greens are tucked inside that vintage ice cream bucket.

White Lace Cottage Christmas Home Tour-82

A silver tinsel tree tucked in the corner.
With a few ornaments I made several years ago.

White Lace Cottage Christmas Home Tour-79

My Nativity set proudly sits on my mantle.

White Lace Cottage Christmas Home Tour-80

A box of ornaments placed in a box as part of my decoration,no room left on a tree.
But I still enjoy looking at them.

White Lace Cottage Christmas Home Tour-72

White Lace Cottage Christmas Home Tour-65

I love adding a tree to our kitchen,and since our kitchen is open to our family room we can enjoy it from either room.
This year I decided to add a few old drawers as the tree skirt for my tree.

White Lace Cottage Christmas Home Tour-93

White Lace Cottage Christmas Home Tour-98

On my tree I used torn strips from a tattered Shabby Chic sheet set tied together to make my garland.
A few extra pieces were tied on the ends of branches as bows.
The tree is adorned with handmade Angel wing ornaments I made using vintage wall paper and German glass glitter.

White Lace Cottage Christmas Home Tour-103

White Lace Cottage Christmas Home Tour-117

I always keep roses out,and I love this particular bouquet.

White Lace Cottage Christmas Home Tour-112

Living in the Midwest we miss out on enjoying flowers all year round.
I make it a point to add these to my home all year round.
And once they wilt I don't throw them out,I still enjoy the delicate beauty.

White Lace Cottage Christmas Home Tour-115

White Lace Cottage Christmas Home Tour-147

Lynch Creek Farm Wreaths-28

My holiday mantle this year was kept as it was before,I just added a chippy frame and my pom pom wreath.
I made the wreath using pink cotton balls found at a craft store.

Lynch Creek Farm Wreaths-34

White Lace Cottage Christmas Home Tour-139

I added a few vintage ornaments to that old tote along with some fresh greens.

Lynch Creek Farm Wreaths-47

A pink ceramic tree sits on my vintage perfectly shabby chic pink table.

Lynch Creek Farm Wreaths-51

A sweet friend of mine made that lovely and quite large stocking.

Lynch Creek Farm Wreaths-45

Lynch Creek Farm Wreaths-40

In my master bedroom I added this beautiful white tree,that has lovely pastel lights.
I found this tree at Walmart.

White Lace Cottage Christmas Home Tour-165

I know my tree looks pink,but I think it's all of my pink ornaments against the soft pastel lights.
That tree underneath my tree was also a no sew tree skirt.
Using tattered Shabby Chic sheets.

White Lace Cottage Christmas Home Tour-188

White Lace Cottage Christmas Home Tour-160

If you look closely you will see a very unusual garland.
This year I used garland made from vintage socks sewn together.
A pom pom was made using those same pink cotton balls as my pom pom wreath.
I just added a few mismatched vintage bells.

White Lace Cottage Christmas Home Tour-185

White Lace Cottage Christmas Home Tour-179

White Lace Cottage Christmas Home Tour-171

Thank you so much for joining me and letting me share my home with you.
I would love to invite you over to White Lace Cottage.
I share lots of DIY and vintage style decorating ideas.
You can visit me HERE.
white-lace-cottage_1_
117E1F854597F1698C4FE38861134913signature

Didn't Anne have some beautiful ideas to share?  Thank you so much for being a part of Open House Sundays Anne!

Have a happy week everyone, only a few more days 'til Christmas!





14 comments:

  1. Beautiful home tour! Anne, I love your music sheet roll garland. Genius! Love the tree in your bedroom too. All of it is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful home she has! My favorites are the tree in the drawers and the pink cotton ball wreath and tree!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yes I already follow Anne.....She has a beautiful home and super sweet style!!! xoxoxo Chistine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice Anne to feature Anne. I know Anne we are friends and I have been in her beautiful home. Anne is as sweet as her blog and style.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love her house and the soft Christmas decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's all so beautiful, earlier today I found her blog and signed up to get it through my reader. Then I saw it here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know i have seen this but, i loved seeing it again, Anne everything as always is so lovely,thanks for showing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I'm so glad you did the tour again! Merry Christmas Marlene!

      Delete
  8. beautiful merry Christmas anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful. I love the pale pink and blue touches around her white home. It's really wonderful. It's hard to choose a favorite element in Anne's decor because it's all so enchanting, but I surely am crushing on that rosemary tree in the burlap. I love it! Thanks for sharing this lovely home with us. xxx ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the star garland, and all the sweet handmade touches. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the house tour, what a lovely home!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love Anne's beautiful home..she is very talented and creative.....Merry Christmas Anne!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anne used so many simple crafty touches that match her style so well. What a gorgeous home. Thanks for sharing her home and her unique decor tips!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If I can't respond to you by email (no reply blogger), I'll leave a reply under your comment. Hope you have a fabulous day!