Open House Sundays #14 - Junk Chic Cottage

Welcome to Open House Sundays where we get a personal invitation to tour through a different blogger's house every week!  


This week's tour is courtesy of my dear friend Kris from Junk Chic Cottage.  She has the most darling house, beautifully styled and decorated with repurposed finds and a charming shabby chic style.  She makes me want to paint everything white!  She also drags home more doors and shutters than I can count. I wish I had that luck!!

Enjoy!

*********************************


Hi everyone.  I was so excited to be asked by Anne from Designs Dreams by Anne to be in her Open House Sunday Series. It was fun to gather up some pictures of my home to share with all of you.

Thank you Anne for this feature.  


I live in a Lake Town in the Northern suburbs of Chicago.  We downsized to this small ranch home about 7 years ago when our youngest daughter started into college and my hubby took a job up this way as a fire chief.  


Love this little ranch it is perfect for me and the hubby and it is small enough to be cozy and easy to keep up.



This is the front of my cottage ranch in the summer months.  I love to garden and add old vintage pieces to my garden decor.




Love to add architectural items to the garden.  Love to have the romance of a chandelier out on the porch at night.


Even my little assistant Libby finds comfort in the summer months with all the flowers.  It great place to read and relax and soak up the summer sun.



This is our entry way as you come into our home.


My cottage Living room.










Our Master Bedroom.  I use white and grays for serenity. Love to use old doors as part of my headboard design.  It is my love of old chippy things then re using and giving them new life and purpose into my decor.








My Guest Room.
Additions of doors and chippy shutters and old architectual pieces to my decor.





My french farmhouse kitchen.














My creative space and office.  I used old chippy french doors to wall off the back of my dining room to make a small creative space for myself.













In the corner of my dining room I have this great old vintage bike.  Brings a little of the cottage garden into my inside decor


This is a chippy barn door I have hung in my dining room to bring in some character to my white plate collection.



Dining Room





Laundry Room







It was fun to open up my home to this series Anne.  Thanks so much for having me today.
Kris
:)

Wasn't that a fun tour?  I just love her style...  Kris is super supportive to other bloggers as well.  She and her buddy Susan, from Must Love Junk (another fabulous blog!) have a weekly series sharing the stories behind the blogs you read.  You really must check it out!  

Thanks so much for being a part of Open House Sundays,  Kris!

Have a great week everyone!


35 comments:

  1. Oh I have always admired Kris's style and her home is so bright and beautiful! I've never seen much of her outdoors though and my goodness it's gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a wonderful post of chippy happiness. I love the creative use of all the doors, the chair with some ruffles, the flowing curtains....perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kris has the most beautiful home. I adore all of the white spaces and charming accents. She has a great sense of style and I could stare at the pretty pictures all day long! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kris, You know I love your style. Your home is beautiful. The front of your house truly has a welcoming appearance. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty, I really love the little creative space she created for herself with those beautiful chippy doors!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello ladies. I have always admired Kris' home. So soft and beautiful!
    Hugs, Gee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the chippy goodness in Kris's home-such a charmer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely a people pleaser! Thanks for the visit!

      Delete
  8. I'm nothing less than amazed at what Kris has done with her home both inside and out. She and her hubby make a great team and together they can do anything! She is just as lovely as the home she's poured her heart and soul into. Thanks for featuring Kris's home today, Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kris! Your lovely home is so comforting! I tingled all over when I read you lived in one of the lake towns north of Chicago...I was fortunate to have grown up in Lake Bluff and I graduated from Lake Forest High School!! Im no longer living there but have family in Winetka. I really miss your beautiful part of the country. I love your home. I am particularly enchanted with your sectional! Oh, my..it is lovely!! Your master bedroom is gorgeous!! Enjoyed the tour and will definitely start following your blog!! Happy January!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think we all love Kris's home and Kris herself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks you everyone for your sweet comments. Wow so sweet and made my day today to read the love here. Thank you Anne for having me in your beautiful home series. I look forward to this each week.
    Thank you thank you sweet friend for this opportunity to share my home today. Happy Sunday.
    Love your all,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect choice for a Sunday feature. Kris's home is filled with a profusion of love and energy from her garden that extends beauty throughout her home. Cleverly redesigned architectural pieces meet cosy warmth and a uniquely decorated home. You linger through Kris's posts enjoying all the beauty that embraces Kris and Terry's home.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Kris's vintage style! Great choice, Anne. I love the profusion of flowers people get in the summer of places that have colder climates.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love her style ... she really knows how to make a lovely home using repurposed architectural pieces.
    Thanks for featuring her charming home.
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Kris's home and her blog is one of my favorites. It's wonderful how Terry jumps in and helps bring her vision to life. Every room is charming and inviting. It's always fun to see what she's up to. Her home was a great choice, Anne. I'm happy I got a chance to see it altogether like this. So inspiring. Thanks for sharing it with us. xxx ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love what she has done in her house! And I didn't know you had a series, Anne, so now I'm going to check them all out!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Isn't Kris something else?
    It's gorgeous - and now she's reworking her dining room - amazing taste !
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just love Kris' design style and really enjoyed this post. So many gorgeous things to look at in every picture. Kris is one of the sweetest and most supportive bloggers I have "met".

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just love Kris and her posts. Love all her designs - her house is beautiful. Thanks for featuring Kris.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  20. I enjoyed Kris' feature as I had missed seeing some parts of her home. It's all so beautiful and she is so incredibly creative and talented!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Anne, I live in BC too. I found your blog by coming over from Carol at Art and Sand. I'm just starting to do "something" with my West Coast style house. Leaning towards cottage/farmhouse/Danish. I will be following you for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love how she hides all that gorgeous white inside, behind the splurge of garden color outside!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Kris has so many wonderful white and shabby pieces. Her home is adorable with all its creative touches.
    Great feature.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I never tire of seeing Kris's home! Love, love everything about it. Charming, cozy, and full of vintage.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  25. Kris really has a beautiful house. I'm in love with her kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I always enjoy taking a tour of Kris's beautiful home!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Kris your beautiful home is so full of vintage eye candy I can't pick a favorite. I have to say though the glass door unit and chippy railing you used to carve out office space is pure genius. I love that space! I love your idea of hanging an outdoor chandelier in the corner over a lounge chair on your deck. I could spend hours reading in the sunshine in that little spot! So glad you featured Kris on your blog Anne. Besides creating the prettiest vintage vignettes she's such a sweetheart of a gal!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Anne...you have featured one of my favorite home and person in blogland...Kris' home is exquisite and I always love her incredible decorating and projects!...So happy to see Kris here today!!...Have a great week Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Kris's home is just stunning...and even better...she is one of the nicest bloggers around! Thank you for her lovely feature!

    ReplyDelete
  30. kris's home makes the most charming home tour! tfs, anne!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I adore Kris! And her home is amazing. I never tire of seeing it. I always spot something new I've never seen before. And her garden is so inspiring to me.

    ReplyDelete
  32. So many interesting and unique items I can't stand it! I would have to add 40 to my to do list just picking my favs from Kris's home, when basically I just want to do what Libby is doing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If your comment has no email address, I'll leave a reply on this post under your comment. Have a fabulous day!