Open House Sundays #15 - Simply Vintageous by Suzan

Welcome to Open House Sundays where we get a personal invitation to tour through a different blogger's house every week!


This week's tour is courtesy of  my buddy Suzan from Simply Vintageous by Suzan blog  Suzan lives in Montreal and is in the process of tearing apart and remodeling her current home so this tour is of her last home, a fabulous century old house located in a neighbourhood close to downtown Montreal.
It is a stunning home and I can't wait for you to see it!

***********************


Good morning everyone !

When Anne asked if I'd like to participate in Open House Sunday - I went into a little panic since we are painstakingly renovating an old Cottage inch by terrible inch !
She suggested I show the one we left last winter instead - brilliant - it's already done LOL

So here you go ....................

This place is located in Westmount - a neighborhood adjacent to Downtown Montreal
Located on a tree lined street facing a park - it has such a quiet " vibe " while being minutes away from shopping - theaters - restaurants - markets - everything you would need to do - car free !

It was such a privilege to live there ( or it was how I felt ) a keeper of history of sorts.
A very famous Canadian author lived 2 doors over - at the turn of the century !!!

Welcome to my LAST home lol !

( this post is a repost - so I've left the original commentary intact ) 


I know a lot of people share photos of their homes - but for some reason I'm a little uncomfortable with it - I'd much rather show little sneak peaks - there's something that leaves me feeling too vulnerable doing this - my style is not everyone's style - I tend to put a LOT into my homes ( crowding ) because I find solace in being surrounded with things I love.
Plus there's a couple of items that should not be in the photos at all - furniture that's waiting to be sold lol - but this is more to show you the home itself and not my style at all...............



The above photo should not have that desk plunked down in the middle of the bookcases - it's for sale and I had no where to " stash " it - normally the entry would look like this





my little farmhouse table bought with this house - and this little kitchen - in mind (you can see how it doubles in size HERE )


The buffet hutch I bought and redid because of lack of storage 


Lots of huge meals were lovingly prepared in this impossibly tiny 100 year old city kitchen


The bathroom - that was going to be the next room to be completely done over in white marble and chandeliers - I guess that job will be for the next house - there's the branches that sparked this conversation HERE


our bedroom - and this is the only photo - where I prefer mine ( sorry Mr. Photographer )
my crappy unprofessional photo


The professional one


and this people - this is where I started my blogging journey from - this tiny little office


Where I'm sitting right now - under that Paris picture - fighting a terrible urge to cry like a baby.

A LOT of love went into this place ( I have to keep reminding myself that a lot of love has gone into everywhere I've lived - and will go into the next one too ) 


Thanks so much Anne - for inviting me to participate - maybe next year our current home will be ready for the tour LOL

In the meantime - after revisiting our last one - I wish I were back there !

Have a wonderful day everyone !!!
***************************

Sigh.... wasn't that just beautiful?  All those stunning brick walls, too!!!  I love old character-filled homes and Suzan's former home was amazing.  Thanks so much for sharing this tour with us Suzan!

Be sure to check out Suzan's blog at Simply Vintageous by Suzan
Have a happy week everyone!



51 comments:

  1. Suzan's previous home is Simple Fabulous!! The ornate ceilings against the brick is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amy - it was a privilege to live there !
      XXX

      Delete
  2. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, I can't wait to see your new place! Love the paint colors too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Karen - the new place is no comparison - sadly lol
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! I love Suzan, she cracks me up. And I love to see all her projects!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was amazing, but this one is becoming amazing too. xoox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Su - ( this current one is not amazing at all lol )
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. I adore Suzan's style, she is a master at renovation, refinishing and makes me laugh, too! Gorgeous, old house and new...thanks for sharing Anne! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw - thanks so much Kim - ( but I'm not a master at anything - really and truly ! )
      xoxo

      Delete
  6. I love Suzan's design style. It's like no other, and I can always recognize it immediately. I love her old home, too, and it's such a treat to see it again. That shot looking into her living room from the dining room is so dreamy and glamorous. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Laurel ! I miss that place a little too much .............
      xoxo

      Delete
  7. Suzan is one of the best bloggers there is, and her style is just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so biased Julie LOL - but I love ya - and thanks !
      xoxo

      Delete
  8. Thanks everyone - for your over the top kind comments ! I still miss that place a year later !
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. why in the heck did u move?? beautiful home beautiful brick love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm asking myself the same question Brenda !
      ( BUT there was no room to paint furniture - at all - and we had no outdoor space either really )
      Thanks so much !
      xoxo

      Delete
  10. Suzan has such a glamorous, yet unpretentious, style! She is also very talented.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're the best Mary Alice - what a sweet compliment - thanks so much !
      xoxo

      Delete
  11. I adore Suzan's style and her wit and charm. I loved the tour! Thanks, Anne, for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Katie - I take that as a huge compliment coming from you !
      Thanks girlfriend
      Hugs,

      Delete
  12. Love that apartment and love what Suzan is doing with her current cottage as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Magali !
      I'm in love with YOUR cottage !
      xoxo

      Delete
  13. I'm not familiar with this blog ... off to see what there is to see. Thanks for telling us about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks !
      There's a lot of random craziness to see over there LOL
      xxx

      Delete
  14. I would read Suzan's posts even if she wasn't fabulous at refinishing furniture and a great decorator. Reading her posts always makes me chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this place...why did you move? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because I'm nuts?
      And I needed space to paint furniture !
      Thanks so much Donnamae!
      xoxo

      Delete
  16. Suzan's previous home was beautiful LOVED all that exposed brick!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Martina ( queen of the gorgeous home !!! )
      XOXO

      Delete
  17. Suzan's home was beautiful with such great bones. Love the brick, floors and trim details. The painted pieces are done so nicely too. I love her writing style as well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a beautiful old home in what I think is the nicest area of Montreal. Not sure where your new home is but I know you'll work your magic. Suzan cracks me up. I love her (she said, John said ) posts and her rants. She sets herself apart from other bloggers with her sense of humour.
    Off I go to explore Anne's blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzan's home was stunning. Thanks so much for visiting!

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much Joanne - I'm in Pointe Claire now - magic hasn't happened yet LOL
      xox

      Delete
  19. What an absolutely beautiful home! Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Suzan's home is lovely. By the time I was nearing the end of the post I was feeling sad because she didn't live there anymore. :(
    The layout reminds me so much of the wonderful old brownstones in NYC - a home I miss!

    I popped over to her blog to read the little table story and lo and behold these little glasses of champagne appeared spritzing sweet little hearts all along the side bar! That's IT! I'm COMPLETELY IN LOVE WITH HER AND HER BLOG!!!! Thank you Anne for sharing Suzan with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And all it took was a glass of champagne LMHO !!!
      Thanks so much Kolein !
      XOXO

      Delete
  21. Suzan has incredible talent for creating beautiful spaces. Her new home is coming together as beautifully as this one. Great feature Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've enjoyed seeing Suzan's previous home as I wasn't following her blog much before they sold and moved to their new fixer upper. I love her blog and enjoy the beautiful furniture makeovers as well as the current house makeover very much. Nice to see her featured!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great space! I love the wall colors and the neutral palette. I bet the new cottage will be fabulous too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jennifer !
      The new place is never going to be as glamorous as the old place - sadly LOL
      xoxo

      Delete
  24. Be still my heart! Oh my word, do I ever LOVE this GOR-GEOUS home. I can't imagine leaving it. And I adore the kitchen. I enjoy Suzan's blog and everything she shares in her current home, but I'm kind of a new follower and had never seen her previous home. So glad I got to see it here. Thanks Suzan and Anne! Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  25. Suzan's style is impeccable...the photography breathtaking....I can just imagine how gorgeous the cottage will be!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ah Suzan....you leave a little touch of gorgeous magic in everything you do!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Suzan! I love your color scheme. Your home was gorgeous and the one you have now is gorgeous too.
    You are definitely an inspiration to us all!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If I can't respond to you by email (no reply blogger), I'll leave a reply under your comment. Hope you have a fabulous day!