Painting Spree & Sneak Peek at Things to Come

January and February are traditionally slow months for me... It's too cold to work in my unheated workshop, there's nothing much to be done outdoors except shovel snow and the short, dark days make me sleepy and lazy.

That being said, I still have tons of plans - go figure! Here is a sneak peek at what will be coming up on the blog and some of my latest paintings.







And some of my newest paintings

One of my current favourites


These two matching paintings started out looking like the painting just below this photo, but I couldn't leave well enough alone! Now they look like true irises.  You never know when inspiration will strike!

 The perfect height and width for hanging at my back door.

 I spend more time dreaming about beaches than anything else.  Oh and this isn't just to show you the painting, it's a sneak peek of a new project as well...


Anybody else have a love affair with lighthouses??  

Meanwhile back at the farm...

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Have a great day!

13 comments:

  1. You are so talented, Anne. Your painting are amazing. I cannot paint at ALL! Scary thought!

    Your kitties have the right idea. Mine is sleeping behind me atm.

    Can't wait to see what you have in store project wise. Your tease is just that, a huge TEASE!

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, your paintings are beautiful! Having the talent to paint like this must be so wonderful! I'm intrigued by your sneak peaks. Are those drawer slides? Hmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see shutters behind that lovely beach painting, is that the new project?? I love lighthouses, too... there are lots around here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always, your work is beautiful. I especially love the first and last paintings! I started taking lessons recently and, while I'm proud of what I can accomplish with an instructor helping me when needed, I hope that I'll be able to eventually have your skill.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful paintings, Anne. Your beach interpretation is fascinating, and I love lighthouses. The kitties are adorable. xxx ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love to see your beautiful painting Anne. I too love lighthouses. I grew up on Michigan and they have so many wonderful lighthouses. Stay warm and cozy.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely paintings and I am looking forward to seeing your project with the onlays...I love using architectural details in a room. It is going to be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful paintings Anne! I'm wondering what your plans are now!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your paintings are lovely, Anne. I haven't painted anything for fun in a long time, seeing your pretties makes me miss it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes I too have a think for light houses! Won't it be great to stay in a lighthouse keepers cottage? Your paintings are fantastic and the cats so cute! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also have some of those wooden embellishments. I have a project that has been on the back burner for months.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If I can't respond to you by email (no reply blogger), I'll leave a reply under your comment. Hope you have a fabulous day!