These doors were unpainted, unvarnished and unstained when I picked them up. I had painted a single coat of white paint on them to brighten them up. I used one set to hide the stacked washer and dryer. I stuck a pipe insulator (pipe wrap) onto the back of them to keep them from banging when the laundry was running (makes it MUCH QUIETER). I hung one of my paintings on them with an S hook to dress them up a bit.
My two Ikea kitchen trolleys got moved here when I renovated the kitchen last year. Put together, they make a nice little work station and storage space. The smaller set of bifolds were dismantled.
I pulled the bifold hinges off and used some 3/4" offset hinges to install them to my open cupboard. They were the perfect width but a trifle short...
No worries, I simply added a piece of 1x3 trim to cover the gap at the top. I nailed it in place from each side with my brad nailer.
And then I gave the doors a fresh coat of paint and polished up the recycled brass handles I added to the doors.
Now the view through my kitchen pass-thru is much less cluttered!
I'm so pleased with how neat and tidy this main floor space looks now.
Thanks for visiting Ashtree Cottage. I really need to make a sign for my house now that I've named it...