Simple Jewelry Organizer


You know how much I love shutters, right? This past weekend I accidentally came up with a great idea for a shutter repurpose - this shutter makes a really cute jewelry organizer!

This idea happened in a similar way to how Hillary Swank's character in "PS I Love You" found her calling...  I dropped my earring and it fell perfectly placed on a shutter I had decoratively placed on my dresser.    Did you see that movie btw??  I loved it! especially the sister - so funny! oh and the friend who was looking for the right guy, too!  um, ok back to the shutter story.  

This is a yard sale shutter I found many years ago.  I love it to death.  I actually found 8 of these and I've dragged them with me through 6 moves.  Sometimes being a packrat pays off.




A little paint, a little distressing, a lotta jewelry...  I got some extra large S clips to hold my bracelets and draped the necklaces over the edge and center bar.  I also had this pretty Royal Doulton dish I had bought at a flea market that I had no use for, so it became a place to keep my watches.


Another great use for a shutter!

Happy creating!

20 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE this! I was out to lunch with EC and took a photo of an artist's jewelry display. She had a cute little woven cloth hanging from a dowel. Her earrings were stuck in the cloth. LOVED it! However, all the other jewelry I have would NEED to find another place. How 'bout a shutter?!!!!!!! You really are brilliant, btw!

    LOVE PS I LOVE YOU!!!!!

    And Royal Doulton, eh? Reminds me of Hyacinth in Keeping Up Appearances. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That shutter earring holder suits your style! I've seen shutters used (hinged together) for jewellery displays at craft shows. (No I haven't seen that movie)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks pretty and convenient for the jewelry that you wear often. The Royal Doulton dish is beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anne this is a cute idea. Have a great weekend

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea, Anne. Practical and pretty. I've never met a shutter I didn't love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute Anne. Gotta love a great little shutter re love! Have a wonderful week end.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a happy accident when your earing fell on the shutter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doesn't great ideas come by accident?....and your accident is certainly a fantastic idea!...Beauty and function...that's is certainly you Anne!...Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Laurel, never met a shutter....

    catching you next week Anne--I love your repurposed shutter!

    gail

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that is cute. I tried that for a bit but with all my earrings it just was not working as well as what I came up with later. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. I use this for the jewelry I wear most often. My other hoard of jewelry is hidden away in a HUGE jewelry box!

      Delete
  11. Shutters always add so much charm to a space...what a happy accident finding another great use for them! XO

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea with the shutter Anne. Love it. Have a great day! Jo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need to clean out my jewelry, I really don't wear than a few pieces of it anymore, but this gave me the idea to display some of the interesting ones, or ones that used to be my moms. Turn it into art perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super! Great use of a shutter and I like how you can actually see your jewelry. xo ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a simple, but great idea Anne. You always come up with clever ways to repurpose things. I hope your garden is coming along well. We finally have decent weather here.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cottage looking and clever! Loved that movie too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If your comment has no email address, I'll leave a reply on this post under your comment. Have a fabulous day!