Iris & Peonies & Roses, Oh My!

Don't you just love the early summer garden?  Our spring this year was much earlier than usual and much warmer, too.  The flowers have been GLORIOUS!  I'm so happy to see my faves blooming with such gusto.

I adore iris, peonies and roses (and so many other flowers too!).  This photo-heavy post is a little peek at the fabulous blooms I enjoyed this year.

ALLIUM GLOBEMASTER


BUTTER & SUGAR SIBERIAN IRIS 
(also known as Butter & Cream)

HANSA ROSE

PEONY MARIE LEMOINE

PEONY SARAH BERNHARDT

more of my iris 

POTENTILLA  & SOAPWORT

This was an offshoot of my all-time fave potentilla - Yellow Gem, except that it has none of the characteristics of that variety but the colour!



 Even my planters are far ahead of the game this year.  Usually I have to wait until mid-July before I see much growth.  This photo was from 3 weeks ago!


My tiny workshop garden is so overflowing I'm going to have to start pulling plants out of it.



And my early solution to the hottest area in my garden. I added lattice in a colour that closely matched my siding to the wall of the house.  I still need to trim out the upper portion.  Then I planted a William Baffin rose bush in one corner, a trumpet vine in the other corner and Mina Lobata to grow up the center.  The Mina Lobata or Spanish Flag  is an annual here, so it should help to create some shade while the other two plants set root.  The William Baffin rose can be trained as a climbing rose, so it can grow up the trelllis.  Hopefully everything will spurt up in growth next year.


 It's been so hot here that I have no energy to work on my projects but I have some beauties that I'll be sharing with you soon.  Here's a sneak peek of the first one:



Thanks for visiting!

16 comments:

  1. Oh Anne your flowers are fabulous. I am excited about the things that you will be sharing. That bathroom is looking so beautiful. I cannot wait to see more.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely gardens! I see beadboard in your bathroom but can't remember if it was already there... I'll have to wait for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flowers Anne :-) The gardens here in Nova Scotia are way behind yours. There's a rose bush and a hydrangea bush in the backyard of our rental house, but nether one looks anywhere near ready to bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pics of your garden is so beautiful, Anne!

    I hope it cools down a little bit soon for you - finally did here. Yesterday and today have been super bearable!

    Your project teaser looks GREAT!

    Have a wonderful holiday weekend. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anne everything is looking wonderful. Your garden is blooming wonderfully. Can't wait to see the bathroom finished

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anne, it's all looking so inviting. May I ask what ground covers you have in that last photo? Just before the coming-up-soon bathroom teaser, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what beautiful flowers Anne! I love the lush look of some of your gardens. I know what you mean about being hot, it's hot here too... 111 one day :o( I love summer but that's just too hot.

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  8. The garden looks lovely, Anne.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your garden looks so lovely with so many of my favourite plants too! It's amazing considering the cold temperatures that you get during the winter that all those lovely plants reappear. I bought soapwort for our garden once, my husband cursed it as it became such a weed sending off so many runners and it took him years to remove it! I always seem to be attracted to the plants that grow like weeds! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything looks great - enjoyed your pictures and I really like the blue sign. Neat idea.

    Carole @ Garden Up Green

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your gardens are beautiful Anne! I have a very similar looking white and pink peony (although I don't know the names of mine). Love the way you have something creeping into the driveway stones. Is that creeping thyme? Your climbing plants are going to look great going up that lattice. Don't you love the second year when plants have established themselves and will take off :) Happy gardening!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your garden is absolutely wonderful... Can't wait to see that next project!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your garden is so beautiful Anne!...the flowers look so beautiful in spite of the heat!...You certainly have a green thumb...and that lattice and plants is a great solution to your sun exposure problem!...love it...you are the creative one!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your garden looks beautiful, Anne. I never grow tired of peony blooms!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If I can't respond to you by email (no reply blogger), I'll leave a reply under your comment. Hope you have a fabulous day!