Life With Max - Part 7 Max the Apprentice

Max's energy levels never seemed to wind down much. He was bright-eyed and bushy tailed and interested in EVERYTHING.  He spent a lot of time following me around.  If I made the slightest sound while in another room, he pounced.  He was quick to wake up and jump in with all four feet whenever anything might be going on.  This was cute for a short time but I am a DIY blogger and without DIY'ing, my blog would cease to exist.  Max was preventing me from getting any work done at all!!





I could no longer even paint anything, Max would dip his nose into the paint bucket or swish his tail across any freshly painted surface.  Little painted kitty footprints would be tracked everywhere - floors, counters and furniture. God forbid he should be in the same room if I was using a brush or roller, he would attack the brush while I was painting and then I would have to wipe the just applied paint off the surface of the item being painted so I could apply a fresh coat.  Tossing Max outdoors became a regular thing, although with his trouble-making attitude I was a bit uneasy leaving him out there alone.  The more trouble he got into outdoors, the more time he got to spend indoors.  With me.  Sigh.

He "helped" with my kitchen renovation.

I can't tell you how many times he jumped through this opening, even when I was working with the reciprocating saw!  I figured the noise would frighten him away, but oh no, not Max!


He stuck his nose into every cabinet, every opening, every toolbox - well, into everything! He discovered my soft-handled hand tools that made for a good chew.  He shredded rigid insulation and ate chunks of it (GAH!). He tracked drywall dust all over the house and furniture at high speed since I would be in hot pursuit trying to stop him the moment I noticed he was stomping around in the mess I had just made.

He climbed into or onto cabinets and peered down at me from above.




He "helped" open boxes and check out the contents.


and then, of course, Eloise would have to get in the act as well and I'd have both of them underfoot.


He bestowed his seal of approval (or not) on finished projects:



and then there was the photo-bombing:







Passing out in the middle of the work zone:


Or hiding in some inconspicuous place when my temper was beginning to get the better of me:


That's my Max.

Watch for Chapter 8 - coming soon!  If you missed the earlier chapters, click HERE

Have a happy week!

20 comments:

  1. Max is such a character. I love reading about his tomfoolery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne I just love Max, he is such a riot. All the positions he gets himself in look like he poses. Are you sure he is a cat, LOL? Maybe there is a zipper and a toddler will come out. We think that with Peanut and Reeses. I swear sometimes they are like 2 year olds.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love The Life With Max series! He is an incredible cat! Handsome, too! Keep chronicling his antics. He is a star.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frances! Max is certainly a "special" cat ;)

      xo

      Delete
  4. Thank you Anne, I love these stories about Max. He is adorable and mischievious what more can you ask for ? I can't wait for the next edition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Thanks Di! Mischievous Max - that should be his new name!

      Delete
  5. Don't mind the photo bombong. Any picture is better with a cat on it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the expressions on his face. He is soooo cute. He has such a great personality. I love reading about him.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is a handful for sure! I love hearing about all his antics!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is so pretty! My indoor cat eats strange things. I have to keep things away from her. xoxo Su

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks as if Max just wants to join in the action or is supervising you! he is such a character! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bet you cannot imagine your life without Max....he certainly brings lots of great adventures to your day!....Love seeing the "Adventures of Max" ....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Max is Mr. Purrsonality. He is one beautiful cat. Although he is a "trouble maker" I would guess you wouldn't have it any other way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little less trouble making would be appreciated! But I wouldn't give him up for all the tea in China!

      Delete
  12. You know they say......never work with animals or small children! lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. He's so adorable and VERY helpful, isn't he!? lol It's awesome that you have such a personality to fill your home! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw!! Too cute Anne (and I love that photo of him in the wooden box!) , what a great "helper"!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a handfull! But so handsome!

    My own "supervisor" likes to sit on my shoulder! One of the reasons I haven't finished painting under the kitchen sink yet...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nessa! He does keep me busy!! Your supervisor sounds sweeter!!!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If I can't respond to you by email (no reply blogger), I'll leave a reply under your comment. Hope you have a fabulous day!