Creating My Dream Dining Room


Another year, another dining room makeover! This time, though, I am getting the look I truly want!

INSPIRATION ROOM

Last week I scored 4 matching Windsor chairs on Craig's List and found one solid oak Windsor chair in great shape at the dump.  Now my dining room furniture is exactly the style I want it to be.  Time to give all the mismatched furniture a makeover to get my dream dining room!





This is what my dining room looks like right now.




On the purchase list is this chandelier from Lowes which will complete the style that I am shooting for.



Here is the rest of the dining room:


 



And this is my dream dining room:


The walls will be painted in Almond Cream by Behr, the curtains which are the same colour as that paint shade will stay.  The chairs are being painted matte black and the chandelier I'm buying will replace the cheapo one I found on Craig's List last year.

I'm still deciding what to do with the hutch and the table base.  The table top will be sanded and stained darker.  I love the turquoise hutch but wonder if maybe it's time for it to go black... or linen white ... or some other colour???

What do you think?

Have a happy week!





With a small budget, big dreams and a love of a challenge, Anne blogs about renovating and decorating her tiny 1930s bungalow. A self-taught artist and professed power tool lover, she enjoys writing, gardening, photography, nature and diy'ing. And she's never met a dumpster she didn’t want to root through! Come along for the ride!!



Instagram


18 comments:

  1. Good luck with your dining room project!! Love the look you have in mind!!! HUGS to Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your chairs will look good in black. Not sure what to suggest for the hutch as I love the turquoise. It might look nice with the black!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I wasn't clear... I mean if you leave it turquoise it might look good with the black chairs and new light fixture.

      Delete
  3. Your inspiration looks great! I would hold off on the hutch until everything else is finished, then you can decide. I'm curious: How do your organize your projects/project ideas? Pinterest boards? Inspiration book of sorts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree wait in the hutch and see how it compliments the new wall paint and pieces. It's going to be gorgeous, can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the inspiration! Yours will look equally as stunning. Are you going to paint the table base or leave it as is? Since the chairs will be black the hutch might look pretty black too but I agree that waiting is the best option for now.

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my goodness! That dream dining room is awesome.

    And, I know you will create the look you want and it will be even better than the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see your reveal! I love the chairs and think they will look awesome in black. I have to say I am heads over heels in love with your pedestal table. What a jewel! I think the hutch might be that unexpected pop of happy color against the black chairs. I love how you share every detail of your makeovers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peggy! They do look awesome!!! I'm glad you're enjoying the blog - have a great week!

      xo

      Delete
  8. Hello Anne, I am back to blogging. I can't wait to see this finished. Love the direction you are going

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your dream dining room I can't wait to see what your new room looks like when you have finished. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your inspiration, Anne. My two cents would be to hold off on the hutch until you've finished the table and chairs. I'm thinking it'll pair beautifully with the black chairs. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Plenty of time to decide about the hutch after the rest is finished. And, ooooooooh, I can't wait to see!!! Happy painting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anne,
    I love the photo of your dream dining room, but I love your ideas more!
    I can't wait to see it all done and I agree with some of the others, wait to paint your hutch last and I am sure the vision will come to you then on whether or not to paint it and what colour!
    Happy almost weekend! :) Kimberley

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is going to look fab Anne! In our next house I am going to be painting our breakfast nook chairs back. I started painting them black back in the spring but after two I decided to just go white for the space in our current home.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty. I love your inspiration.
    I can't wait to see the finished room.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know you are going to hit it out of the park!....Love your vision!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your inspiration and you were so lucky to find the perfect chairs for the look you want. I love your hutch as is, but I also understand the need for change. Maybe you should wait and see how you like the hutch in turquoise once the wall are newly painted.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If your comment has no email address, I'll leave a reply on this post under your comment. Have a fabulous day!