My Dream Dining Room - the Perfect Chandelier & Chairs

The room is really coming together! I still have one more chair to paint, but 5 are done and I replaced the Craig's List chandelier with one I bought from Lowes. I ordered it online on a Saturday and it was in my hands by Tuesday - gotta like that!!


Do you want to see the room so far??




Here is the room with the chairs painted, the hutch painted and the new chandelier hung.



I'm loving this new look!

You can see the difference here - the mismatched chairs with different wood tones clashed with the table wood tone and the chandelier was too small and hung too high.


The hutch didn't match anything at all which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I wanted a toned down look.


Getting closer to my dream look!  Now to refinish that table and then paint the room.

Stay tuned!





With a small budget, big dreams and a love of a challenge, Anne blogs about renovating and decorating her tiny 1930s bungalow. A self-taught artist and professed power tool lover, she enjoys writing, gardening, photography, nature and diy'ing. And she's never met a dumpster she didn’t want to root through! Come along for the ride!!

Follow on Bloglovin



21 comments:

  1. Your new dining room is beautiful! I've been enjoying your blog for a couple of months now, and love it. Thank you for sharing your lovely home and inspiring projects! Pat W.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Pat! I'm so happy to hear you are enjoying the blog. xox

      Delete
  2. Everything is looking wonderful Anne. I can't wait to see it completed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Di! (you and me both!!)

      Delete
  3. Excellent! I never noticed the wood of the chairs clashed with the table, but now that you say it, I see it! The chandelier is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't notice the wood on the chairs either. LOL The chandelier looks great with the new design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pops of black re really making a statement now! It has completely changed the look of your dining room especially with the hutch black too. I am loving it! Still having some table envy. You have made great progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peggy! I am really liking this new look!!

      Delete
  6. You're going to have a successful outcome as always. Can't wait

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Anne, it is looking fantastic.

    I sent my daughter a picture of your cabinet, but now she has decided she wants me to paint the cedar chest navy for her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your dining room is looking sooo good, Anne. I love the new chandelier paired with the newly painted chairs and cabinet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's looking great Anne, I like it!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Anne - your dining room table and h utch are exactly the same as mine, my chairs are different though. How are you going to paint the veneer on the table without the checking showing. Will it go smooth with sanding. I am so interested in what you are doing as I too would love the change itwith paint. I am so interested in seeing the table finished. I love you blog. --from Betty in Ontario,Canada. Please reply.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Betty! I'm not planning to paint the table, I am going to sand it lightly and either stain it a little darker or just apply a fresh coat of poly depending on how it looks after sanding. There are water rings and such showing that won't come out.

      Delete
  11. What a difference. The room is so beautiful. Love the new chandelier too. It is looking great. Bravo you are doing such a great re love in this room.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow Anne, the black grounds the space and it all looks so polished. I'm loving the new look and can't wait to see the final reveal😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anne, That looks so lovely! The chairs look so different in black and the chandelier is such a pretty shape. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this room and the chandelier is beautiful. You've done a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks so much better with the painted chairs, now it's like those chairs belong with your table. Well done! You had a great vision of what the room needed.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it...and yes, getting so close to that dream look/inspiration image....you are doing a magnificent job as always Anne!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If your comment has no email address, I'll leave a reply on this post under your comment. Have a fabulous day!