I've been a little unhappy with my house number lately. It isn't really obvious from the street and house numbers are really important particularly in the case of an emergency when police or ambulance are trying to find your house.
When I found a small cupboard door at the dump, I knew instantly that I wanted to use it to upgrade my house number.
I removed the outer edge of the cupboard door, leaving only the carved, raised insert. My trim is painted white so I began by priming and painting the insert white. I removed my existing house numbers and gave them a quick spritz of black spray paint to freshen them up.
When the paint dried, I attached the numbers to the wood and drilled holes for screws to attach the new house number plaque to the house.
Check out how much more visible the number is now.
Have a great week!
With a small budget, big dreams and a love of a challenge, Anne blogs about renovating and decorating her tiny 1930s bungalow. A self-taught artist and professed power tool lover, she enjoys writing, gardening, photography, nature and diy'ing. And she's never met a dumpster she didn’t want to root through! Come along for the ride!!