House Number Update



I've been a little unhappy with my house number lately. It isn't really obvious from the street and house numbers are really important particularly in the case of an emergency when police or ambulance are trying to find your house.

When I found a small cupboard door at the dump, I knew instantly that I wanted to use it to upgrade my house number.


I removed the outer edge of the cupboard door, leaving only the carved, raised insert.  My trim is painted white so I began by priming and painting the insert white.  I removed my existing house numbers and gave them a quick spritz of black spray paint to freshen them up.



When the paint dried, I attached the numbers to the wood and drilled holes for screws to attach the new house number plaque to the house.




Check out how much more visible the number is now.


Have a great week!



With a small budget, big dreams and a love of a challenge, Anne blogs about renovating and decorating her tiny 1930s bungalow. A self-taught artist and professed power tool lover, she enjoys writing, gardening, photography, nature and diy'ing. And she's never met a dumpster she didn’t want to root through! Come along for the ride!!


Follow on Bloglovin
Sharing with:
GET YOUR DIY ON

METAMORPHOSIS MONDAY

26 comments:

  1. Seriously I just bought new house numbers. :O I love that you mounted them on the board with the contrasting white against the black. It looks fabulous! No trouble seeing them now. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really nice Anne ... ties in with the shutters too. Reminds me that I need to take a look at our house numbers. I am sure they need painting. I know the ones on the mailbox need to be replaced.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so much better, I really love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There will be people all over redoing their house numbers Anne. People are always telling us they can't find our house number so looks like I'd better get busy.
    What an incredible difference it made mounting your house number on cabinet door, looks so much more visible. Will have to visit Habitat soon to find right size door. Last time we were there they didn't have any.
    Have lovely Fall week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it amazing?! I can't believe how much of a difference it made either, and such a simple thing! Thanks for visiting (and I hope you find the perfect door!)

      Delete
  5. I love how the number POPS out now...Great job ANne!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Much better Anne. They also make more of a statement

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks wonderful and really goes so well with your house. You come up with the best ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, they look great! You are right, you could barely see them but they sure stand out now!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how the numbers are so visible now. Plus they look so fresh and clean.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it!....a great and beautiful solution!...as always Anne! Have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Anne! That turned out really nice. Shows up so well too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not only is it more visible, it looks great as well! You had the perfect idea using the door insert as a background!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Way to go. Very nice. I agree, readable house numbers is very helpful!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another great idea, those numbers really stand out now! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anne another fabulous idea and love that you re loved that old cabinet door into something pretty. The house looks super cute with your new house number. Have a great week.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's all about the little things that make a big difference! I love it Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks great, Anne. Very stylish, as well as visible. Nice job. xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness what a great idea! The old door makes the perfect backdrop. Our house number is practically invisible! I may have to steal this idea for my own update.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really cute idea, Anne. I think it works better. xoxo Su

    ReplyDelete
  20. I moss your post . Hope all is well & you are back soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dee, so sweet of you to say! Hopefully soon :)

      Delete
  21. Oh my word, Anna- you've done it again. What an amazing difference - I love love love that you are always thinking outside the box. GREAT job!! Hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If your comment has no email address, I'll leave a reply on this post under your comment. Have a fabulous day!