Bedroom Inspiration

Remember my beautiful cottage style master bedroom?  






It looked so fabulous, I loved it sooo much.  Then this character got loose in there without my knowledge...


and shredded most of the wallpaper I had hung.   God help me some days I really want to kill this cat!

Anyhow, since he has made such an awful mess of the wallpaper, I have been searching for an inexpensive new look that won't involve wallpaper or anything else Max might choose to rip to shreds.  

Here's what I'm considering:

LOVE this one!  and love the colours too! 


and then there's this one:


OMG that bed!!!

Or maybe this one


 but I'm really leaning toward photo #1.  As you can see, all the spaces are board and batten wainscotting, something I could easily do for less than $100 using the valu-pak 1x3 mdf casing that Home Depot sells.  The board and batten would replace the wallpaper section only since I don't want to rip down the top piece I've already installed all around the room.

I also need a new bed and the king sized bed that I have is just TOO  big for the room.  This one is on my wish list:


It's the Lark Manor Laroche Panel bed from Wayfair.


It's probably going to be quite a while before I actually get to do this project since I've now discovered that I need a new roof on the back and front porches and on a large section of the main house but it's nice to dream!

Have a great day!



With a small budget, big dreams and a love of a challenge, Anne blogs about renovating and decorating her tiny 1930s bungalow. A self-taught artist and professed power tool lover, she enjoys writing, gardening, photography, nature and diy'ing. And she's never met a dumpster she didn’t want to root through! Come along for the ride!!


Follow on Bloglovin

17 comments:

  1. Max is a naughty kitty but he is so darn handsome it's probably hard to stay mad for long. I think the board and batten would look really nice. Hopefully Max doesn't chew the boards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GAH! that cat will be the death of me! Good thing he is such a love bug so much of the time or he'd have no redeeming qualities whatsoever...

      Thanks Pam! Hopefully whatever I do will look just as nice as the look I truly loved. xox

      Delete
  2. Oh that little Max!!!!! I love the first picture too and I know you will have it looking so great. I cannot wait to see it finished. Instead of cutting the pieced of mdf maybe Max could chew them and be a big helper!!! Just sayin!!!! Have a good weekend.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love pic #1 it suits you. That little Max is a very bad boy, but he's so cute and adorable I know you can't stay mad. Sorry about the roof, the woe's of home ownership!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh well. The cat is too cute and he probably knows it, too. Just have to decorate with a cat in mind....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a few like photo #1 as I do also, love the blue and green, always so cheery and gorgeous together. What a gorgeous room you'll have when you get board and batten done.Know you'll do wonderful job.
    Do you have friends to help you?Consider a metal roof,lasts so much longer and is pretty also depending on color of metal which is available in colors If it snows where you live snow will slide off roof at angled areas. We had metal roof put on 3 yrs.ago and have been so happy with it.Two of our neighbors have put metal roofs on also. Our 2 sons put it on in 2 1/2 days. Might be worth looking into.
    what a very naughty kitty, oh dear what a stinker. Maybe he knew you'd love a board and batten room instead. Whatever you do will be done beautifully fro what have seen of your home.
    Have wonderful week Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I do everything myself - except roofs! Metal roofs are great if you have a foundation that is waterproofed or damp-proofed. Neither is the case with my house... thanks for the suggestion though! Have a wonderful week as well xox

      Delete
  6. Naughty Max! Justifiable felicide? Just kidding. #1 inspiration photo is stunning. I love those colors. And the bed you've picked out, too. Sweet dreams. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Max is a bad boy... But I really love picture #1. I love the white walls and the light colours on furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the board and batten one, I think it would look great! Max is so adorable, what a little scruffer ;P

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a character that Max is. All of the ideas look good and will be Max proof. He is so cute I am sure you weren't mad for long. He must want to give you his decorating input.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh is that what he's doing? Sigh. I knew it was a mistake to get a male cat!!! lol

      Delete
  10. I love the black and white room best, only with a black metal bed like the white one you prefer. Whatever you do, I know it will be great. I'm so happy you continue to keep Max even though he destroys things. I had a dog for 12 years who periodically decided that I needed to change draperies, bedspreads, rugs and throw pillows and so tore them to shreds. Never bothered a piece of furniture, but soft accessories had to go. Many people told me to get rid of her, but she was my family and I never even considered it. Like Max, she otherwise was the most loving dog I ever had and I was committed to living with even her quirks and the frustrations she caused me. To me, she was not disposable. She's been gone a little over 10 years and I still miss her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom keeps telling me to get rid of Max but once I sign on to owning a pet it is for their natural lifetime. Max has some good points too. Thankfully he is a snuggly love bug so much of the time! :) Thanks Pat!

      Delete
  11. I would have had to take a dozen deep breaths before I touched Max. LOL. I like #1 the best and I love the bed. I have to stay off Wayfair because then I want to go in debt for half the site. With all the rain we are getting lately I have leaks on my front and back porches as well. Thankfully the main house is dry.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If I can't respond to you by email (no reply blogger), I'll leave a reply under your comment. Hope you have a fabulous day!