Bathroom Dreams

Here I sit for the 2nd year in a row with a broken toe. Sigh... So what have I been doing instead of doing what I want to be doing? I've been dreaming of renovating my bathroom and collecting pictures of lovely spaces.  Now I do love my bathroom (except for that hideous orange tile), but it is a bit of a waste of space and the sliver of a window in there just does not do it for me.

Photos 1 and 2 - LOVE.  Photo 3 - needs love...










Ugly tile, tiny window and on the wall next to the wicker basket is a cheater door to the master bedroom that I find a total waste of space...

My dream would be to have a free standing tub and a shower stall but if I can't fit in both, I'd at least like to fix the tub wall so that it doesn't offend my senses every time I look at it.

Recently I discovered the bathroom renovation that really makes my heart beat faster.  It was done by Cami of Tidbits blog - check out the full reno HERE 

If I can't have a separate shower, then this set up makes me sooo happy!  Love the big window, the shelf for holding bath items and that gorgeous faucet, hand shower plus the shower head on the wall.  This layout also works with my current sink and bathtub plumbing.  I love my pedestal sink, so that isn't going anywhere!


Then there's this gorgeous bathroom I found on House Beautiful, my heart be still!


I don't know if I could get this with the current width of my bathroom, but it's so beautiful I can't stop looking at it.  If I moved the toilet and put the shower stall there instead... but then we're talking major plumbing changes that could cause some serious financial hardship.  😓

And we're back to idea #1.

Unless I were to position the tub and shower like this bathroom



I don't like the finishes here, it's just the layout I'm considering.  Hmmm.


If the shower and tub could look like this one


but that tub looks more like an oversized sink, could you even stretch out in that do you think?

And then, of course, there's the vintage look that fits the age of my home but has no shower.


Such a gorgeous tub!  Love the beadboard (big surprise there!) and that window.  So lovely.

What to do, what to do?

Ah well, it's nice to dream isn't it?

Have a great day!





Follow on Bloglovin

13 comments:

  1. I was dreaming of a second bathroom and a refresh of our existing bathroom. Steve and I talked with our architect about possibilities. We went through Plan A, B, C, D, E and finally F - our ideas, not his. F was the only possibility, but he asked us "do you want two airplane size bathrooms or the one average bathroom you already have. So, we are staying with what we have, but I do hope we can at least do an update on the existing bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know you can paint that tile, right? I have painted tile in several bathrooms over the years and never had a moment's trouble with the paint peeling or anything-even when it gets daily use. Just a thought. It would really brighten the bathroom up and maybe make it more liveable for you. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anne,
    I have to jump on the painting the tile with DIana. I just painted the tile in the new house we bought. I love how it came out. The epoxy paint was less than $30 and was pretty easy to do. Takes old tiles and makes them look brand new. I am a big fan. Love the bead board on the inspiration pics. So pretty.
    Happy Weekend.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your bathroom... Except for the bathtub tiles. I read the above comments, but I've never painted tiles, so I can't weigh in. I have a small bathroom in which I only have a bathtub, but that was my choice... I'm planning on transforming it a little later so it will be easier to have a shower in it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about the toe! I love the inspiration here Anne. The Tidbit bath is my fav. Love the calm simplicity of this bathroom.
    I am hoping to renovate our bathroom this fall and face a similar dilemma. Shower stall or tub? I can't have both. Right now, I am leaning toward shower stall as being more to the way we live day in day out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My first thought was paint the tiles - easy fix. Then I saw the first photo of the stand alone bath/shower combo and its gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing what you end up doing. Sorry to hear about your toe :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know you can come up with a great plan!!! I agree about the "over sized sink".... and you broke your toe again?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear how did you hurt your toe? At least it gives you sometime to dream about your new bathroom. We used tile paint in our old home in our shower, we must have had it on the tiles for about 10 years. We did find that we had to refresh the paint once a year but it did make such a difference and was cheap in comparison to redoing all the bathroom. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ouch! So sorry about your toe, Anne. I was wondering about painting the tile, too. It sure would be a quick fix and I bet it would be a huge improvement. All your inspiration photos are so pretty, but that first one with the shower over the tub has my heart. What you've already done to your bath is fabulous. Whatever you do next will just be icing on the cake. Stop hurting yourself! :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Personally I am a fan of the oversize sink tub. You couldn't stretch out in it but look how deep it is. To me that is the crucial thing with a tub, that you can really get neck deep in the lovely hot water. You could do it with that one! It's like a modern variation on those Japanese soaking tubs I guess. I love that. I also love a claw foot, and with the telephone show fixtures you don't really even need a shower because you have a shower right in your tub. That depends on how much you like a stand up shower, just like it depends on how much you like a stretch out tub. I'm exited to see what you do, and excited to see how painting the tiles works out if you decided to do that as an interim measure. I've never done that or seen it so I'm very interested since it seems like a lot of people have! I know whatever you do will be amazing and wonderful, because that's what you do! So sorry about the toe, I hope it feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Except when you're tall those tubs are impossible to get comfortable in! I love the clawfoot tubs and they do fit with the age of my home too :)

      Delete
  11. One thing about having the stand up shower in the claw foot with the wrap around shower curtain that I can report because I've had that in the past, is that for me personally I don't like it because the shower curtain seemed like it was always trying to move further in I suppose you could solve that with magnets along the bottom of the shower curtain if you had a cast iron claw foot? I dunno, maybe you should find a B&B that has that set up and spend a night there so you could try it out and see what you think? xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know exactly what you mean, I had that setup as a backup option in my last home and those curtains are drawn in toward you when the water is running. Wet, cold, clingy shower curtain - UGH! With a metal clawfoot, the magnets should help. Thanks for reminding me!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If your comment has no email address, I'll leave a reply on this post under your comment. Have a fabulous day!